Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scout has started snorting very loud recently. Its like her nose is stuffed up or something. Sometimes in the middle of the night we will hear her snorting for a minute and then back to normal. And then sometimes when she is with us on the couch. I think it could maybe be allergies. She used to sneeze a lot when she was younger. Anyone else have snorting beagles, or should this be a concern?

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
All our beagles have done this. Usually nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe woke up this morning, had a 20 second episode of reverse sneezing, and went back to business... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Yup, we call it "Snorking". Ours have been doing it all weekend off and on. They have been in the yard a lot sniffing around. It is a backwards sneeze. You can gently squeeze their nostrils closed for a second. This should make him swallow, which usually will stop a snorking episode at our house.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yep, Duke does it and so do the labs on occasion (but not as often as Duke).

One time I had to take Phoebe to the ER vet because she pulled out her stitches from her spay. There was a guy in there with his dog who seemed perfectly normal. He was telling another guy in there what his dog was doing and I could tell by the description it was reverse sneezing. Sad part is, he had already been back to the vet's room, they couldn't find anything wrong, and instead of realizing themselves what it was....or maybe they did and wanted to get a few extra bucks, they sent him back to the waiting room to wait to do some more testing on the dog. Have no idea what that poor man ended up paying for a reverse sneezing diagnosis. Decided then and there to never go back to that particular ER vet again. Luckily, we have 3 in town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts