Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking to adopt a female beagle for a while now. I have never had a female dog yet as all my others have always been males. Are there any beagles out there that need a new home.
I have a 10 acre property, a dog kennel which I will be expanding next summer, and I have a warm bed for her inside at night.
I live in Southern Ontario, Canada.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It seems like the area you're in dictates how hard or easy it is to find a dog. We had a hard time finding a female in the age bracket we were looking for. There were a lot around, but they were a 3-4 hour drive. We ended up making the drive to get our Violet. It was the best trip we ever made!

Petfinders is how we found Vi and it's a great place to start since they list most rescue organizations as well as many local shelters. I assume their site search includes Canada. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome from the west coast! Zookeeper is right - definitely check out Petfinder (www.petfinder.com). I just did a quick search for beagles in Ontario (just put ON in the location) and there were pages of them.... sadly there are always so many beagles needing to be rescued pretty much wherever you look. We got our second beagle Moose through Petfinder and he was definitely a keeper!

Another place to check is BeaglePaws (www.beaglepaws.com) - they are based in Newfoundland but do adopt out elsewhere in Canada... not too much to Ontario (they have active chapters in BC and Alberta) but I have seen some beagles go there so it is worth checking out too.

Good luck and keep us posted on your search!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts