Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we got Casie's papers and his lineage, does anyone know if there is information from AKC about dogs that are registered that we can get at through the internet? I've never had this much to go on with our other two, so this would be like looking up our heritage. Just wondering.

Cathy J

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I recall that you can purchase information about a dogs lineage through the website... I tried to do it with Booker (although a backyard bitch, she is registered) and could find the documents but being out of the US I couldn't purchase them. This was several years ago, though - it may have become simpler since and since you are in the US there may have been no issues anyway.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
If you log into the AKC website you can list your information for any of your AKC dogs on there. Unfortunately it isn't like humans. We are not able to go online and research dogs that do not belong to us or even see Casie's pedigree (family tree).

Each of my dogs is listed under MY AKC and since I breed my dogs I can put breeding records, information about litters of pups, new owner information, etc.. on line. If a new owner registers their dog it will show up as the pup being registered but it will show me no information whatsoever about the chosen name for the dog or the owners addresses or anything.

If you have your dog's DNA done or any medical testing OFA, CERF etc... that will show up on the AKC site also.

I hope that is helpful to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.