Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As few others have noted we have 7yr old beagles here. When I think back to puppydum and where I am now I can see there is huge improvement. Just thinking back about all the baby gates and fencing and moving furniture to keep Cassie from causing havoc in the house kinda makes me laugh. She was a littly naughty girl...lol. I have one 6 foot baby gate across a wide opening not even attached to the wall. She hasnt pushed on it... (yet). No chewing destruction like before. At times she seemed to be completely deaf. Now she follows me and seemingly gets my commands.
Ok, she's not perfect but if she were ...it wouldnt be fun, eh?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Oh yes. Neb's turning 11 in just under a month, but do I ever remember.

...he ate an easy chair. A box of books. Some blinds. Among other things.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes. Neb's turning 11 in just under a month, but do I ever remember.

...he ate an easy chair. A box of books. Some blinds. Among other things.
Haha, i didnt mention ripping all the expensive patio cushions, ripping a piece of wood off from new kitchen cabinets, chewing the legs of dining room furniture, chewed 5 dog beds, chewed a hole in a handmade crocheted blanket...sigh.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Autumn had us locked in the kitchen in shifts. She was a stinker. Didn't trust her in the full house at first. Cassie I remember you posting about chewed up beds and putting another one in the trash. lol All you puppy newbies I promise it does get better. Hang in there! It is worth it!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I knew there was a reason we only adopt adults! Not that at 4 years old Rascal didn't get into mischief! ALL our waste baskets are on counters :D
techie

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew there was a reason we only adopt adults! Not that at 4 years old Rascal didn't get into mischief! ALL our waste baskets are on counters /forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
techie
I finally bought waste paper baskets with lids.

·
Super Moderator
5,066 Posts
Molly is 13 and Oliver is 9 but we got Molly when she was 2 and Oliver when he was 6. Still lots of training and adjustments with adults. My first beagle Benny was 9 weeks old when we got him. He was a pretty good boy, not much chewing or biting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts