Our Beagle World Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
883 Posts
I feel so lucky that I have never had a chewer. He did get the glass of chocholate milk my wife left on the end table last night. He usually leaves glasses alone.

Actually I have to take that back. He does like to chew on pens.

· Registered
1,384 Posts
We've been pretty lucky... although we've adopted all of our pack as adults or close to adults. I don't recall Booker or Moose ever chewing anything. Popcorn went through a few leashes, the cords on our sleeping bags, but nothing too dramatic especially given her age when we adopted her (7 months we think). Buzz is fine 90% of the time, but sometimes when he is playing with the others he will start getting chewy and he has therefore eaten a small hole in a duvet cover, destroyed two pillowcases, and eaten Marc's plastic glasses case. We are on vacation right now and I just discovered a hole in one of the duvet covers that I really don't believe was there before... I don't think Buzz has spent much time in that room but I think it was him - so I guess we're paying for that!

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
she's doing alot better it seems...she's got the crating darn near down...it just takes a treat to get her in there. she whines for about 5 minutes, then passes out. nothing has been killed today. i am however becoming worried that she will turn on the cats. which is why i deemed crating so essential. the cats need their house back periodically, so annabelle is crated at night, and whenever i'm not inside the house. we also have quiet time for about an hour in the evenings where she is crated so the cats can eat and do their thing without a dog nose trying to sniff their butts. the dont' appreciate that at all. she's charged them a bit, but not aggressively. i think she just wants to play. however, i dont trust her, and am not sure i ever will. the cats have made their do not mess with me wishes known, and it takes only one low meow from my big guy to let her know she's crossed the line. and the firm, loud NO is working also. she did steal a piece of pizza off my plate from the end table today...but it's better than a phone. or cat.

· Premium Member
906 Posts
(It has begun with Jethro)! I put newspapers down for him to
go on... but now he has discovered how much FUN it is to tear
up paper! And, It gets worse... Homer-the-Huge has re-
discovered the joy of tearing up paper as a result! But for
this week & next, when I am away @ work, my neighbors are crate training him & when home, I coax Jethro in & out of the
dog door by holding it open. (He does not yet have the body
mass) to push both flaps of the large storm doors to get
thru!
Btw, my friends discovered yesterday that
placing a radio or other device that plays classical music in
the room that the pup is in calms them & prevents the effects
of seperation anxiety!

· Registered
191 Posts
LOL to all these stories.In the past 2ish years between my own 2 dogs and fosters i have had chewed
-1 camara
-1 telephone
-shoes/sandels
-my winter jacket(which was not that bad i wanted a new one anyway and this gave me an excuse)
-controller for xbox360(it was only 2 days old)
-game cases
-books
there is probably alot more just can not remember off hand.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.