1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far we've lost:
1 hot pink flip flop
1 digital camera connecter cord
1 stuffed animal

which i guess isn't too bad...are there any tricks to get them to stop chewing things that aren't theirs? when i catch her i give a firm NO, take away the item, and give her one of her toys.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
all these stories made me laugh...it's not funny to have items destroyed, but at least later on down the road we can laugh about it. it also doesn't help that i have a crazy cat that finds great joy in knocking anything and everything off whatever surface it may be on. i've began working on crate training also. my other dog was always crated until it got to the point where he just no longr needed it. he's a black lab and the only things he ever killed were blankets and pillows and stuffed animals. and even then, only if he was left alone for an extended amount of time. being that i have absoultely no idea on her age, other than i believe she's young, in the 8-12 month range, she doesn't seem to be destroying as much as any young puppy would! i'll also try the bitter apple, there may be some around here from when the lab was a puppy.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
she's doing alot better it seems...she's got the crating darn near down...it just takes a treat to get her in there. she whines for about 5 minutes, then passes out. nothing has been killed today. i am however becoming worried that she will turn on the cats. which is why i deemed crating so essential. the cats need their house back periodically, so annabelle is crated at night, and whenever i'm not inside the house. we also have quiet time for about an hour in the evenings where she is crated so the cats can eat and do their thing without a dog nose trying to sniff their butts. the dont' appreciate that at all. she's charged them a bit, but not aggressively. i think she just wants to play. however, i dont trust her, and am not sure i ever will. the cats have made their do not mess with me wishes known, and it takes only one low meow from my big guy to let her know she's crossed the line. and the firm, loud NO is working also. she did steal a piece of pizza off my plate from the end table today...but it's better than a phone. or cat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.