Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed about a week ago that my buddy, Cooper, had a slight limp, I assumed he tweaked it while running around and decided to just watch him for a while. Over the past few days he has not gotten any better... I have checked his paw and leg and he is not bothered by my exam at all until i push his leg up toward his body .. then he reacts, no yelping but a reaction non the less... I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow but wanted to get any insight from other owners as to what i can expect..

FYI
He is a 5 year old male...

Thanks for any input..

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Sorry, no experience with that, but good luck and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
959 Posts
this is what happens when Cobi's arthritis is acting up. He does have a joint in his leg that bothers him and although it isn't debilitating, it does hurt. It's good to have it checked out, and as many things as it could be, there are as many things to help take care of it. Good luck, and keep us posted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My beagle limps also, but only occationally & I've had it checked out, but since she's a rescue we don't really know what her past is like. Nothing was discovered but the next step is xrays, though we were told that was only necessary if she was demonstrating signs that she was in pain.

But our vet told us that beagles are susceptible to having loose knee caps, where they sometimes will slip out of place, but all they have to do is this funny kick straight back & it will correct itself. maybe that happened & tweaked a tendon or ligament. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts