Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think of (Sweet) Lilly often. She was the most amazing and truly forgiving creature I have ever known. I adopted her from a high kill very rural dog pound in central Ohio. She had been there for a couple weeks because they didn't have the heart to euthanize her. I knew going in she was a absolute train wreck but there was just something about her that well called to me. I will never forget the young lady on the phone that started to cry after I told her I was coming to get Lilly. They even stayed late for me to get there after working all day. Lilly had horrific mange, rotten teeth and sadly we discovered mammary cancer. Her last eight months were spent frolicking with a pack of beagles and rolling in whatever she could find that smelled awful. She will always be the reason I adopt sick or old beagles. The life that gleamed from her beautiful eyes will always shine in my life. I miss you old girl......the first picture was the day I picked her up and the second was two months later...

ImageUploadedByPG Free1358016821.785804.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1358016930.822870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
She does have beautiful eyes. Thank you for rescuing her and letting the last part of her life be in a loving environment.
Run free across the rainbow bridge Lily!
techie

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
There is a special place in Heaven for people like you. I love the senior dogs. Thank you for saving Lilly. Beautiful girl! I am so very sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Lilly was an angel sent to me. I was blessed to know her.

This is my favorite picture of her with my boy Banjo(bt coonhound)

ImageUploadedByPG Free1358058362.579041.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I read this, I cried. She was (is) a beautiful girl. Reminds me of my Daisy Mae. She was past due to be euthanized when we found her. She wasn't a beagle per say...she had some beagle in her along with dachshund. We lost her to cancer in April. Her "little" brother Aston Martin adored her.

Thank you for giving her a loving home. I'm sure she and Daisy have met by now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What a beautiful dog she was. My wife and I took in a 7 year old beagle with missing and decaying teeth from the animal shelter. She has beautiful eyes and a really close bond too me.

Sadly there is always beagles in my local animal shelter here in Kentucky.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The same can be said about the rural shelters where I live in Ohio. There's something about an old lost soul of a beagle that is amazingly beautiful. I'm glad you were able to rescue yours.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are always too many dogs - especially beagles - who need a home. Thank you for being one of the rare individuals who lives through their heart - your beagles - and anyone who knows you, I suspect - are so lucky to have you in their lives!!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well everyone it's been two years today since I lost Lilly. I am so amazed at how much she touched our lives in such a short time she was with us. 7 1/2 months was just not long enough for me. I miss you Sweet Lilly......... :(

ImageUploadedByPG Free1362185633.681912.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1362185728.510034.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1362185766.834946.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Lilly was such a beautiful girl! I know the time you had with her was short, but, I do think that you will see her again and get to spend eternity with her in time. Without knowing her, Lilly, has dug a tiny space in my heart for her as well. I have such a tender heart for dogs who are such strong survivors through demodectic mange. Prayers for you, My6!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts