Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's still a maniac, she's getting better though. The stealing food from the kids and jumping on people has very much improved. But my smart dog was trained on the invisible fence in two days. She was only shocked one time and I think she learned her lesson. We still have to make sure she is supervised for awhile longer before we leave her out there alone. We threw treats ouside the border and she wont touch them, we even put our cat outside the border, no we're not cruel but she loves to chase the cat, she would not go near the flags. Eventually we hope she is as good as our other dog, we dont even have batteries in her collar and Shelby wont go near the border. The flags are up and Shelby is having a nervous breakdown over them. That's sad but I'm excited Lilley can get out there now and run and play.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not that I'm a Beagle expert, however; I heard that a Beagle will stop at nothing when they are on a true hunt, that would include invisible fence, a few shocks won't be stopping them as the nose leads and then the brain does not stay focused. I hope this is not true, perhaps others know about this, I hope it workes nothing like seeing a beagle run and play.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great!
However, I would never leave her alone unsupervised with an invisible fence. The least you can do is be there and not track her every step. But be there!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard the same thing about Beagles and invisible fencing. I hope because we started her young that maybe we have a chance? I would never leave her out alone, if I cant be right out with her I am watching out the windows. She's digging up my yard now!

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Congrats on your super smart pup. I know most ppl say that the fence wont deterr a beagle but I've met a few ppl that have been sucesfull, personally i would be too paranoid to leave them alone outside but i'd keep tempting and seeing if she will go past the border, that way you know how sure you can be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another day of success. I'm so proud but I'm never going to be comfortable. We dont leave her alone, someone is usually in the yard with her. she loves that she is off the lead, she pretty much just stays on the step and lays in the sun. Today in the yard was a woodchuck and a few rabbits. She barked and charged but as soon as she got close to the flags where it starts beeping she just ran back to her step and howled at them. I hope things continue to be this good with her.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts