Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Li'l Girl has developed another mysterious lump. It's not a fatty tumor, and the vet isn't sure what it might be, but is of the opinion that since it's been getting bigger it's best to remove it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Since Li'l Girl had a litter before she came to us, and this lump is pretty close to a nipple, I feel it'd be unwise to take no action. So, come October 15, my baby goes under the knife again. She's just now regrown her fur from the last surgery. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sorry to hear Sandy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif But better to be safe and have it removed.

I hope she pulls through okay.

(... Erin)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
oh no Sandy .... I hope it's not serious....

Will put Li'l Girl on the prayer list !!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Oh dear - sorry to hear that but I'm sure that removing it is the right thing to do.

Booker is going in tomorrow to have SEVEN lumps removed from her chin, snout, head, back and belly - the vet is pretty confident none of them are going to be problematic but I would rather get them off, have them tested, and know for sure (especially as a couple of them are growing). So Booker is probably going to look frightful for a while after the surgery until her fur grows back in all the lumpy places!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Poor Li'l Girl, she is going to look like a colony of moths have taken a fancy to her coat! You are going to have your hands full trying to keep the curious Beagle tongue away from seven sites! :nono5:

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Poor Lil Girl! We'll be sending positive thoughts her way and praying for good results.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like lil Girl will be fine but bit bald. Sorry she has to go through this. Sounds the same for Booker and again, sorry Booker has to go through it! Bagel and I will mention Lil Girl and Booker in our prayers.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poor Li'l Girl! I know she will be fine but surgery is no fun for anyone.
Hopefully, Booker is home by now and resting comfortably.
Hugs to both!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Poor babies! I hope that Booker is doing OK tonight. And Sandy, it's better to get the lump removed and be safe! I'm sure that L'il Girl will be just fine. Hugs and kisses all around!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow the timing is weird on this. I have found 2 lumps on Maggie's belly this last week and now just one on her leg although I think that one is a mosquito bite though. but the ones near her nipples, I had been worried about. One is movable, the other one isn't so I am not sure what they are. Was going to take her in soon to have her neutered anyhow-have to have the vet look at her then
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just got a Booker update - all went well with the surgery and we are off to pick her up from the vet shortly. I hope she doesn't look too frightful and isn't too mad at us for putting her through it! Fingers crossed that the lumps all turn out to be harmless.

Sending lots of good thoughts to Lil' Girl for her upcoming surgery and that Maggie's lumps turn out to be okay too.

Lots of lumps around here... although seven less on our end following today's surgery!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm glad to read that Booker's surgery is over and that it went well. Poor baby! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I'm sending positive thoughts that all lumps turn out to be harmless.

Thanks for the good wishes for Li'l Girl. Hopefully, after this lump is removed another won't show up in a few months. My baby has had a tough summer. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Glad everything went well. I remember Marlin had to removed two, one on his eye lid and one on top of his head. They had to shave the area around his eye, he came home looked like that infamous dog from Target store, ring around one eye.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Booker is home and went straight to bed... I'm not sure she will even want to get up for dinner as she is pretty groggy and pretty sore. It was about a 10 minute walk home and although she was a bit slower than usual she did really well - except for squatting for a poop right in front of the chi-chi restaurant down the street! She definitely does better walking than standing (she was swaying a lot when she was waiting for us to leave the vet) - but most of all right now I think she just wants to sleep it off.

And she doesn't look too horrific either - there is actually some fur left between all the shaved areas!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So glad to hear that Booker is safely home! I know how hard it is to wait for biopsy results -- saying a prayer that everything comes back negative.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I'm glad Booker is home and Ok.

I'll send good thoughts and prayers to Lil Girl. Hopefully she will remain "lumpless" after this.

~Denise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts