Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to everyone for your concern and good wishes. We got home a couple of hours ago, and my baby's glad to be here. The vet said she didn't want her breakfast this morning, which is unheard of, but she's been begging ever since we got back. :eyes: I'm sure she was just upset at being in a strange place. Before picking her up, we stopped at Lowe's for chicken wire to put behind the other fencing in hopes of avoiding another incident. Here are a couple of pictures.
This one shows the side of her face with the tube.

This one shows the swelling under her chin which the vet says is common when a dog has facial wounds.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm so glad she's home and happy. It's always a worry when a beagle doesn't want to eat. I'm sure you'll keep her cosy and comfortable during her healing process. :heart:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I'm so happy she's home now. I just hope that mean pit bull leaves her alone from now on! Poor thing! Give her lots of hugs from me & Lucky!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Poor Li'l Girl... glad she is now home and you can spoil her rotten until she is all mended.

Moosie in particular sends Li'l Girl his best wishes - since he knows what she is going through. He was also attacked (at an off leash dog park) last October by a pit bull... The pit bull "peeled" off most of the skin and fur from one of Moosie's ears, together with a small chunk of ear itself - luckily it healed okay without the need for major reconstructive surgery (as the vet had first thought he would need) and today you can't even really tell that anything happened unless you look closely at the ear and see it is a bit rolled up towards the back.

Sending Li'l Girl lots of tummy rubs and wishes for a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I hate seeing hurt little dogs (or any animals for that matter).

She looks so sad.

Glad she is home and OK.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Poor Lil Girl. I suspect coming home is the best medicine for Lil Girl. Don't think she can get too much love, attention or treats for a couple days.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Sandy, I somehow missed last night's post (could it be because I was in bed by 8:00??? :freak: )....so I'm late in wishing Lil Girl and you best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Poor Lil Girl......

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
so glad she is home and resting !!

get well soon Li'l Girl !!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Oh Sandy she is a beauty! I am so glad she is going to be okay. Poor girl. Give her a big Aroo from Spencer and ME!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Best wishes to Lil' Girl!

·
Registered
702 Posts
So glad that Li'l Girl is home, Sandy. The comfort of home will speed the healing.

It looks like she had a pretty nasty gash, poor baby. :angel:

Give her kisses and belly rubs (soft ones) from us.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Good Morning Lil'Girl .....
Just wanted to check on ya sweet thing.....

I know mom and dad are taking good care of you, but I hope you're healing quickly so you can get that drain out as soon as possible.

Prayers continuing ......

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have not had a chance to catch up on the postings for a couple days and just read about Lil'girl. I am glad she is home and doing o.k. Hunter sends best wishes and sympathy, as she too was attacked and remembers it all too well. Hope she feels better soon, hugs and kisses from the girls and me. :heart:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts