Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Well, Marbles is our 1.5 yr old Lemon beagle....he is SO different from our tri colored but that is ok, we are all adjusting.

The thing is, Marbles is VERY LICKY...to the extreme! First we thought it was 'affection' and he licked our face, now it is to the point of licking everything....we are sleeping, and he licks our feet..so OK, then it is the carpet, the couch, the poles on the table..everything!!

We have changed the food to 'diet' food but this started before that...and we give a vitamin to him everyday. And water is available tooo!!

We are not sure why he 'licks' all the time...bored or is it something else...he is INSANE..licks Snoopys ears, my feet, the bed, the carpet,....everything..???

We thought it may be a vitamin thing so we started giving him vitamins, but he still licks alot...any ideas? Maybe he is bored?

Thanks
Amanda, Snoopy, Marblese

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Does Marbles have any symptoms of allergies? I ask because Popcorn was a real licker (both of us and wherever she happened to be resting/lying), but I have noticed that since we have started to treat her for her allergies the licking is much less noticeable - she is still licking our feet/legs/what-have-you but her licking of non-human objects like her bed, our bed, pillows she is lying on etc. has definitely been scaled back (so we no longer have huge wet spots where she has been, just little ones). I was thinking some of the compulsive licking might have been due to her itchy gums - and with the allergies now coming under control she doesn't need to do it as much.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes Baxter is a licker too!
He has licked spots on the carpet so much that when I stepped in it and if I had not seen him licking i would have thought he had pee'd!

The allergies are an interesting thought!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Molly does a lot of licking. She likes to lick my hands but I think that is an affection thing. She licks her feet and her bedding a lot. Sometimes I think its just because she is bored and doesn't have anything better to do!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.