Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Welcome..so cute!!
Beagles are pack dogs so leaving them alone is a challenge. My dog is now 10.5 years old now and she has come a long way. Since your dog is a puppy hopefully you're using a crate..thats where to put the dog while out..how long an absence? Leave some toys and perhaps some clothing item in her crate you have worn so she smells it.
You can leave a tv or radio on..
Dont make a big deal about leaving..give her a treat when she goes in the crate.
Cassie says Hi
Dog Comfort Dog supply Pet supply Carnivore

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Cassie goes to her crate on her own for naps during the day and sleeps in it at night...i never close the door to it. at this point all i have to say is..."go in your crate"..and if she sees me going for a treat she hustles...lol. at night she has free access to the kitchen and dining room which is a good amount of space. I just walk out and close the kitchen door and she goes to the crate on her own.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
He's really cute! If he's 40lbs i would say yes he needs to lose some weight.. what are you feeding and how much?
You can add some low sodium canned green beans to replace some of the dog food. It adds volume without calories. How many treats does he get? Those have calories too..i break Cassie's treats into small pieces..its not the amount she wants ..its just a reward that works...
You're the one providing the food so it has to be you to reduce it...dont fall for the pity face..
Cassie is 10.7 yrs and steady at 27lbs.

Between the eating and howling it sounds like he controls YOU instead of the other way around.
If you want to stop the howling and barking get a bark collar..i assure you he will be quiet...then he will stop the howling.
If he's misbehaving try an obedience class or watch YouTube videos on training..it will take some work but you both will be happier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts