Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Marley @ 12 weeks

My Marley is a year and a half now, and my being on a fixed income has caused me to have to return to work. Though very PT (10-15 hours/wkly). I got a large crate when I got him. As he got bigger and bigger, he began tearing the darn metal crate to picks. I, literally, had to add pieces of wire all around it just to hold it together!!! Now, mind you, I have not been away from him longer than 5 hours at a time.

Well. Talk about separation anxiety! When I arrive home he doesn't just cry. He howls for 10-15 minutes after arriving home. Well. He weighs a good 40 lbs now and can be difficult to handle sometimes. But the howling!! You'd think I'd shot him or something. I no longer keep him in his crate because the other dogs (I have 3) are allowed access to the house when I'm away. For a few weeks it was always something different I'd have to deal with. My front door is really scratched up from him trying to get out and to me. Then it was him tearing up my carpet by the front door. Then it was my beautiful large ponytail palm! Now I deal with pee - at the front door. (Very considerate as it's on the part that is not carpet). But I have been finding him getting better & better with tearing things up. Just continue to deal with his howling!!

Marley (Older) I will get a current pic of him to post.....

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Does anyone think I need to put him on a diet? That would be a chore as he eats anything he can get his nose & paws on.....
Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts