Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we leave for a week in Nags Head, NC tomorrow. I'm excited to get away and to see my family. I haven't seen them in two years. I don't want to leave Jersey though! I get sad just thinking about leaving her. She'll be staying at my aunt's house for the week. I hope all goes well. She watches her for me at least once a week but this will be the first overnight stays.

I think I've got everything she'll need...

crate
blankets
food
leashes
meds - with directions
treats
toys
emergency contacts (vet, day care, hotel, a couple of friends)
a new tag with my Aunt's address

Is there anything anyone else can think of? She's already got a set of bowls at the house.

I already miss her! She's laying next to me on the couch all curled up. I keep petting her soft ears trying not to cry.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have a wonderful trip, Jen! Jersey will miss you, too, but how great that she can stay with someone she knows. Very clever of you to think of getting a new tag!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Enjoy your vacation. It sounds like Jersey's going to be in good hands with someone she knows. I always miss our pack a lot when we're gone, but coming home is so nice because they're so happy to see us. :happyhappy:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Enjoy your vacation Jen, I'm sure Jersey will be just fine with your aunt and will be happy to see you when you get back home.
Oh, and the only thing you didn't write (though I am sure you didn't forget) is lots of hugs and belly rubs :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Enjoy your vacation !!! Just think about the day you get home and how excited Jersey will be to see you !!!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sounds like you have everything covered. Don't forget to take a cell phone with your Aunt's # on speed dial so you can "just check" from time to time. The one thing you can not take with you is the part of your heart that Jersey owns totally.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:Originally posted by BoulderBeagles:
Sounds like you have everything covered. Don't forget to take a cell phone with your Aunt's # on speed dial so you can "just check" from time to time. The one thing you can not take with you is the part of your heart that Jersey owns totally.

Have fun and enjoy yourself.
I've already called twice. My aunt says that Jersey's doing fine. She was sleeping the last time I called. She ate dinner and was curled up by the chair with my aunt. I'm sure she'll be fine. My aunt did say that Jersey ran to the door every time she heard a noise outside...like she was hoping it was us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

As for the something with my scent, I brought the blanket that we keep on the couch for her. We both usually end up curled up under it while watching TV at night. Mike gets hot, so we keep the apartment cold and the couch is right under the vent. Oh, and the comforter in her crate used to be on my bed. She claimed it one day. She pulled it off the bed and into her crate so I let her keep it. :rolleye11:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts