Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote on here a few weeks ago about my little beagle's problems with the leash. Well, all of you were right, it was just a matter of waiting a couple more weeks. She is doing GREAT on leash now. (She is 14 weeks Wednesday) She will jump around a little bit when she wants to keep stiffing a particular direction but that's it.

This past weekend I decided to take her on a walk with the kids (ages 5 & 7) and their scooters. She had a BALL running beside them and she (and me!) got some great exercise in the process!

We are still having problems with housetraining though, which is a bit disappointing. We keep her in the crate during the day and we reward her whenever she goes outside, but sometimes she will just come right in after being outside 20 minutes and pee on the carpet or poop on my son's bean bag! We are hoping this also improves with age and we start a puppy class on the 31st but if you have any advice, bring it on!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
She is still very young to be housetrained. Maggie was 5 months before she really figured it out. Be patient and consistent and don't punish her for going in the house. I thought Maggie would never figure it out and then when she did it was almost overnight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
what I did was picked up the poop with a plastic bag,put leash on copper, took both outside. put poop on ground where I wanted him to go and let him sniff. haven't had a problem since, but he is 10 months old. have done the same technique with other dogs took a few times but worked. you do NOT rub their nose in it. they just follow the scent ( their scent ) out side. take the dog to the same spot daily and they will continue to go in that one spot until they are so old they can't hold it.

hope this works for ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts