Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the last month we've noticed that our beagle Carlo(18 months) has been growling and aggressive with other dogs while he is on the leash. He seems to be fine with other dogs when he is at the dog park and off leash. We've taken him to basic obedience classes but this problem surfaced after that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think there is another member here with the same problem (Charlie Mom).

I can't offer any advice, other then asking if the leash is tight while you're on a walk? If so, maybe you are tense as well, and Carlo feels this tension through the leash.

·
Registered
889 Posts
We have a similar problem! If you find a solution I'd love to hear about it

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't have any solutions either I'm afraid, but maybe it might help to try and work out why. With mine, sometimes (but not always) when she's on the lead and we come across a strange dog all her hackles go up and she howls, but at least I know it's about fear, so I try to act as though nothing scary is happening and say hi to the other dog's owner etc. I know in her case it's all about fear because off lead we never have the problem (or she would never go off that lead!), she just gives the other dog a wide berth and acts submissive, and I'm pretty sure that the on lead problem dates back to one particular incident with a dog that was aggressive towards her when she was on the lead and couldn't run away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts