Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have spring fever and I am thinking of my lawn today, I wanted to see if anyone has a fertilizer/weed killer that is safe for dogs that they have used. My family has never let their dogs on the lawn, so this is all new to me. It also appears I have some holes that need to be repaired. Silly Beagle!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/angry.gif
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
32,140 Posts
My husband fertilizes a couple of times a year, and the fertilizer hasn't affected the dogs or cat. The packaging on whatever you're planning to use should say whether or not it's safe for pets.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,667 Posts
I have my yard treated by a company and they always say that once it dries, it's safe for pets. It's a liquid that they put down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
One word of advice....if your dog likes to graze, watch for mushrooms. Duke got horribly sick from eating them once and now I spend about 20 minutes a day scouring the backyard for rogue 'shrooms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, we use a liquid fertilizer so we might be okay. I will have to check it. I noticed the warning about mushrooms and I have one spot that is notorious so I will have to check it every day!! I also have to check the annuals that I have in the backyard to see if they are okay or need to be relocated to the front yard.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top