Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My DREAM was to have a few acres in the country someplace - with a LARGE fenced kennel area - with sloped concrete floor so it could be easily cleaned and washed, and separate stalls, which could be open or closed, so I could separate the kids if I had a girl in heat. My dream kennel would have a 6' high chain link fence with the bottom sunk into the cement - and a cover over it to keep weather out in case I can't let them in in a hurry. Each stall would also have an igloo type dog house - BUT all my dogs would still be house dogs and pets just as they are now - but with MORE access to be outside. With my neighbors being the way they are, my kids have to spend too much time inside - they really LOVE being out, but if they open their mouths to bark, IN they come. That was my dream, but unfortunately, my human daughter destroyed any chances I had of achieving that dream for my furkids, so we're stuck here. Fortunately my house is huge, it's 3 stories, each floor 1900 square feet - and the basement is finished (with an extra kitchen, bath, laundry room and family room, workshop and storage), so they kids have plenty of room here in the family room, which, except for the computer and tv, is pretty much theirs.
As you can see, they LOVE being outside - even in the snow!

By the way, Brien, my chain link fence here is 5' around my front yard - and I don't have any that climb over, but there ARE a few diggers under. If you click on the picture, you'll see the slideshow.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Everyone one of the 9-pack LOVES the snow, they have so much fun - no matter how cold (or deep) it is, they just have a BLAST, but I know that NOT all beagles are snowbeagles, I have friends who's beagles won't even get their feet WET, let alone run around in the snow! Winston MAY surprise you! Yes, they DO dig in it. It's fun to watch them tracking in the snow!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.