Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kuranda bed finally arrived. I am not very happy with the company I ordered from because I placed the order on Feb 2. It didn't ship until the 15 and arrived here on the 25th. I do a lot of mail order and that seems long to me. However the shipping was free so I can't complain too much. The bed is very sturdy and doesn't seem to have anything Maggie can chew. It was simple to assemble. I would guess it would take 15 to 20 minutes without the help of a beagle. My Maggie was unhappy about not having my attention and proceeded to steal anything in the room that was available to her (I had the bed and its parts on the table and she was mad about not being able to reach it). I will let you know in a week or two if the bed is still in one piece and if Maggie likes it.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
ya.....I'm always interested to hear about new products....if things go well, post a picture...

Enjoy your new bed Miss Maggie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know if this is coincidence but Maggie slept until 6:15 when I went in to get my daughter up. She usually wakes between 4:30 and 5. At first I thought she might be sick because she wasn't in a hurry to eat her breakfast but after playing around for half an hour she ate and is now trying to retrieve a crumb from under the refrigerator.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would love to know if the bed stays in one piece. Caesar always chews his beds. Where did you order it from?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ceasar's mom...I ordered it from a place called Precious Pets Paradise. The company has a website and has detailed information on the beds, fabrics available etc. I think it is www.kuranda.com. A lot of online pet stores carry this bed. I ordered from Precious Pets because of the free shipping. The other places I looked at charged between 13 and 15 dollars to ship to me. That seemed like a lot, especially after I saw that the box is not very big or heavy. If you live closer to somewhere that carries the bed shipping will probably be more reasonable. I will let you know in a few weeks about durability. I do know that many rescue groups and shelters are requesting donations of this bed because it is "chewproof" and easy to clean. The company offers replacement if it is damaged by chewing within one year of purchase.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are several fabrics available. I chose one of the more durable. Our local animal shelter hoses theirs off and lets them air dry. You can purchase replacement fabric and each of the parts is also sold separately. This is Maggie's second night in her bed and she is still sleeping instead of dragging me around the back yard at 4:30 am in search of raccoons! I don't think the fabric I got would be waterproof in terms of nothing soaking through, but it can be cleaned with water. I got the bed with three inch legs to leave more head room in the crate. It is available with 6 inch legs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts