Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, we found a way to get Blue to ride in the car. His Kong!!! Still anxious about getting in so we are giving him Pet Calm which seems to be working. We have one problem though. I am allergic to peanut butter, so about 10 minutes into the car ride, I get a migraine and break out in hives. Anyone have any other recipes for the Kong that can be frozen so we can make our three hour Thanksgiving drive without one of us getting sick??

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I put almost anything into a Kong. Some of the things I use are low fat cream cheese, canned pumpkin, banana, kibble with a little water added and frozen, pieces of chicken or beef, leftover vegetables,leftover rice, canned dog food. If I am using one of the higher calorie options, I cut back a little on her regular meal. We have several kongs and I always keep at least one ready in the freezer.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Everything Jassy suggested and more.... you can just layer it with yogurts, vegetables, chunks from his food, treats.... whatever.
Freezing it is great as it keeps them occupied for a longer time...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, we will have to try some of those!! We made it almost an hour in the car tonight (with a break to play) before he started drooling once we pulled into the driveway. I am really thinking it might just be stop and go city driving. We are going to try a drive to the lake this weekend to see how that goes. Big night though, a trip in the car and he actually had to play with other dogs (seems that he is scared of his own species)!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have used almost everything listed in a Kong for Jersey. Some other things I've used are scrambled eggs, mashed bananas (Jersey didn't care for those), mashed potatos (just plain with no milk or butter added), Cheerios (with some peanut butter to hold them in). Just use your imagination. Anything that is OK for your dog to eat can be put into a Kong!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts