Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey normally poops twice a day. Usually within a few hours of eating. Did you change Georgia's food when you adopted her? If it's a higher quality food than she was previously eating, she won't need to poop as much since the better foods have fewer fillers and more stuff that the dogs actually use. I don't think there's a normal amount. As long as Georgia is going regularly, I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn poops once or sometimes twice a day - when we first switched her to the low allergen food last week she would only poop about once every three days... we thought something was wrong and took her to the vet! She just isn't a big pooper.

The others all usually poop between two and four times a day... depends on the day and their activities - sometimes if we go on long walks they will poop even more!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Murphy is usually 2-3 times per day.

As Jen-N-Jersey said, the quality of food will make a difference. Just like us, they also have irregular days.

·
Registered
472 Posts
1-2 times a day for mine.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Winston is usually about 2-3 small ones per day. Sometimes he gets days like today, when he holds it all in to
in the middle of Petsmart in front of all his training classmates.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not sure how many times a day, but Josie's pretty much guaranteed to go when we're on our evening walk... I always tell her, just because I bring the poo bag doesn't mean I want to use the poo bag... She doesn't think a walk is a walk unless I'm picking up her poo...

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: NolanI'm not sure how many times a day, but Josie's pretty much guaranteed to go when we're on our evening walk... I always tell her, just because I bring the poo bag doesn't mean I want to use the poo bag... She doesn't think a walk is a walk unless I'm picking up her poo...

hahaha thats funny.

Ted is exactly a twice a day pooper unless there's something weird like he got into some food etc. once at 2:30 and again at 8:00

he's very consistant lol , we joke he's like an old man with a schedule lmao.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blue is pooping in the yard 2-3 times a day, and if he's on his walk then an additional 1-2 times on the walk. We are in the process of training him, so he gets treats a lot. I think this contributes to the additional poopage.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Rocky usually 2 times and Daisy 1-2. I would think as long as it's regular, she's not straining too much, and it looks normal I wouldn't worry too much.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
1-2 times a day. Even when they go for long walks, they wait until they are back in the garden to do it! Susi goes behind the house, Snoopy in the front garden, usually right near where our outside table and chairs are!

·
Registered
205 Posts
For us, it depends. Between 2-3 times a day, depending on what she eats.

She's on Innova EVO, and switched from a filler food from when we adopted her. She went probably 4-5 times a day then. Now it's about 2-3. Sometimes only once b/c she doesn't eat much that day.

I figure as long as she's going and it's not out of the ordinary looking, she's good.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Before Shiloh got sick she pooped twice a day, once in the morning and once in the late evening or night. Just like clockwork. Now, though, her poops have changed a lot, I think because of her medication. She might go for a couple of days and not have any, and then have really loose stools for a day or so. The new normal for her now seems to be several small ones during the day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts