Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am furious!!!! :angel:

SO 6 months ago they started kicking out dogs from our appt complex b/c there were too many dogs..and others wanted dogs, ect. :angry:

We didnt worry, we got 'approved'

THEN...today I got a note under my door saying 'dogs are not allowed' and that I have to give up my dog.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

....OK SERIOUSLY???? Like I would chose my appt complex over my dog that I have had for a year...and my Snoopy is a rescue(although the appt is on the lake and in the BEST location in Chicago...who cares???)

Who do they think they are...?? You cannot approve me then tell me I have to give up my dog a year later!! He is my life and I will NOT give my Snoopy up!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I have poverty housing in my building for 2 floors and we are both doctors, and what the heck are they doing trying to kick US out with a dog that doesnt even bark at all or cause any problems?

I just dont understand!!

I WILL NOT LET THEM DO THIS....who would ever give up their dog to live in a appt..?? The appt across the street..literally...allows ALL DOGS..ALL SIZES...but of course...kick US OUT?? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Im only here in Chicago for 3 more months and I have friends, I can move, but NO WAY will I give my Snoopy up!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So sorry to hear of the trouble you are being put to. I would also be livid. Being thrown out of rented property is a pain, it happened to us twice. Now we have our own little house and nobody can throw us out.
You are correct to keep Snoopy, we couldnt part with our two either. Good luck with your move.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
that is ridiculous :angryfire: and illegal if you have a signed approval from the landlord.

I agree with Joe...send them a polite respectful letter (even though I know how angry you are and rightfully so) explaining your situation and including the signed approval.

Good Luck !! and big beagly kisses for Snoops !!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pegasus, I agree with Murphy's Dad and Sammy's Mom, you should send them a letter with a copy of the approval. Oh, I'm so sorry for what happened to you, it's totally ridiculous what they're trying to do!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
If you have signed, written permission, I think you can at least hold them off and give them the runaround until you're ready to move out.

Maybe they have to make room for all of the little purse-dogs that the superficial elites must have these days.

Amanda...I'm not a bit surprised that giving up Snoops is not even a consideration for you. I wonder how many people in the apartment will actually do it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree with the others about submitting a copy of the letter they sent you before. I'm glad you're fighting this, and that you won't give Snoopy up.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That is unbelievable!!! :angryfire:
I would be furious too. I agree with everyone that you need to politely remind them that you were given permission. I hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted on your progress and good luck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I also think you should write a letter with the attached written approval. Simply explain the situation and tell them they need to give you ample time to find other arrangements.

To us beagle lovers, we would never dream of giving up our pet for an apartment. Sadly though, this is a major reason owners give up their pets. Almost every post on Craigslist in my area (DC/Metro)has an animal being giving up because the owner is moving. If you take the responsibility of getting the pet, why can't people look for apartments that allow pets? It just doesn't make sense to me, it seems to be about that instant gratification of having a cute puppy. Anyways sorry to rant myself, but it bugs the heck out of me when owners use the sorry excuse that they have to move and cannot take their pets. I understand some people have circumstances that put them in that situation, but from what I've experienced it's not that common.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I agree. If I was told I could not take my dogs when I moved I simply would not move. There are no circumstances I can see that I would give up my dogs for. There is even a pretty good chance that I am allergic and I would rather spend the rest of my life with a stuffy nose than give away my dogs.
In most parts of Canada landlords do not have a leg to stand on with regards to pets. They can't kick you out for it. Especially if you have a signed consent. It is ridiculous to think they can make you give up a member of your family. What if someone had noisy kids or kids with behavioral issues. Would they kick you out then?

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I agree...copy your contract and whatever other papers you have about being "approved", highlight their pet policy which they as well as you should have signed and see what happens.

Quote:Originally posted by Murphy's Dad:
Send them a nice polite letter explaining your side with a copy of the approval with their signatures. See what happens.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Also since you are renting, your rental agreement or lease should have language about pets. If it says "Pets Allowed" or "Pets Allowed with Approval" and you have that approval, I'd say you are safe until that lease runs out.

If this gets ugly, do contact a lawyer and still be prepared to find another apartment.

"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I can't belive that! That is not fair! I would fight it with a letter as the others have said. They can't approve you then take back that approval. They are in the wrong. How dare they think you will give up your dog!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
There has to be a record somewhere that you were originally approved to have a dog. And they have to live up to it! :grr: Don't let 'em bully you!! Stick to your guns, but politely, as Joe said. (Catching more flies with vinegar and all that.) Surely something can be worked out if it's only gonna be for 3 more months. Good luck, and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
794 Posts
At least try to fight it a little--maybe it's an error? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
maybe they will let you stay...but of course, you won't give up your Beag!!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
found the letter that says that I am approved to have a dog.

Thank god for my fiancee, he saves everything!!

I showed it to her that the mannager herself signed it...she shut up immediately, then stumbled a bit, then said, well you have to pay a security deposit....

I smirked and said "how much"....like I care?..so $200 is what I have to pay to keep Snoopy and I here until July....Ok w/ me..Im moving to Cali in July!! I didnt tell her that, but oh how I wanted to throw it in her face!!

Woo hoo....but im still pissed that they are doing this, but happy that we can stay till July!

*HUGS* to all
Amanda and Snoopy

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
GREAT NEWS Manda! High Fives and hugs all around.......I can quit holding my breath now!
WOO HOO :bounce2:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts