Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
So I don't really post here much, but now I have a question. How do you guy's keep your beagle occupied when you are busy?
She usually is able to run wherever but some things have changed:confused: So when I am busy I want her to be able to keep occupied, I am always home and take her for a walk once a day. How do you keep your pup's occupied?
Thank You,馃檪:)
Lucy

Registered
Now that spring/summer is here my dog entertains herself all day by trying to look for lizards in the yard. She is laser focused and nothing can deter her from looking for them. She totally exhausts herself. Lol.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Now that spring/summer is here my dog entertains herself all day by trying to look for lizards in the yard. She is laser focused and nothing can deter her from looking for them. She totally exhausts herself. Lol.
Hehe that's funny!!!:D

Super Moderator
My two are pretty old, 10 & 14, they prefer to be inside most of the time. I do "kibble search" with them outside, toss some kibble all over the yard and let them find it.

Registered
For my 130 Days Puppy Beagle Aarya, i found one tik near its collar belt.
Whats the natural way to get rid off?
You can use tweezers - but you have to be careful not to detach the head and the body. You should be able to google how to do it. I've used a tick lasso in the past and had good luck with that!

Registered
Put alcohol on it then pull it out with a tweezer. For the future get a "tick key" which helps pull it out.

Registered
Hey everybody,
So I don't really post here much, but now I have a question. How do you guy's keep your beagle occupied when you are busy?
She usually is able to run wherever but some things have changed:confused: So when I am busy I want her to be able to keep occupied, I am always home and take her for a walk once a day. How do you keep your pup's occupied?
Thank You,馃檪:)
Lucy
Hi,
There are loads of ways I keep my beagle occupied, I hope the following might help you:
1) buy a kong online (amazon) and fill it with his dinner, cover the opening with peanut butter and freeze to make it harder to get into. (Medium/large kong is a good size)
2) treats in a pillowcase.
3) hide and seek with treats. Lock dog out of room, hide the treats around a room, watch as dog spends ages sniffing furiously.
4) purchase a ruffle snuffle (amazon) hide treats/dinner in that. I find the large is better than the medium size (stops them from flipping it over).
5) treats in a sock.
6) command training.
7) doggy tv on YouTube (you never know?)

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Hi,
There are loads of ways I keep my beagle occupied, I hope the following might help you:
1) buy a kong online (amazon) and fill it with his dinner, cover the opening with peanut butter and freeze to make it harder to get into. (Medium/large kong is a good size)
2) treats in a pillowcase.
3) hide and seek with treats. Lock dog out of room, hide the treats around a room, watch as dog spends ages sniffing furiously.
4) purchase a ruffle snuffle (amazon) hide treats/dinner in that. I find the large is better than the medium size (stops them from flipping it over).
5) treats in a sock.
6) command training.
7) doggy tv on YouTube (you never know?)
Hey,
Thanks for all those ideas! I am sure my beagle will love 'em!!

Registered
Well, the first thing you wanna do is crate train your little pooch. Crate train is an essential part of every dog's life. And whenever you are busy you can put your beagle in the crate and throw a kong in it. It will keep your beagle entertained for some time.

Registered
Recently I bought a Kong for my Aarya, it played with it just for 2 Hrs. Then he is not at all picking it up. Give some tips and tricks, what food to load inside the kong etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts