Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got extened to full time at my summer retail job...Great for our wallet's, not so good for poor Luigi. I plan to order a bunch of stuffed squeakers from petedge, but other than that, is there anything i should do or get? He'll be stuck in the bathroom several days a week from 1 till 7:30 until the wife gets home.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Seven and a half hours is quite a long time. Do you have any friends or neighbours who could take luigi out during that time? What hours do you work?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work 1 to 10, the wife gets home about 7:30. We live in an apartment, or he'd be in a yard...She has some family an hour away.

Also, I'm curious, say someone else watches him, as a puppy, does he develop stronger attachments than other dogs? I'm afraid he'd come to *prefer* the other people that watch him...Maybe I'm just paranoid...

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Do you have a doggie day care nearby? I think Beagles have plenty of love to spread around to a caretaker and their Mom and Dad and family.

We used to have my hubbie's Mom stay with Sadie and Pooh a lot when they were little. They still loved us just as much and loved their Grandma too.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
He knows you by now and is attached to you more than he will be to anyone else, as long as you are his parent. You feed him, play with him and basically, his mentor. I wouldn't worry about that. I would try and find someone to come and take him out for a walk around 4 PM. Leave him with plenty of toys, kong. I'm sure he'll be fine.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Do you have a neighbor you're close to that you could ask to check on Luigi for you? Jersey goes to day care twice a week. She loves going there but she's till a momma's girl...Big Time! She also spends a lot of time with my aunt, and she'll go crazy if I ask her if she wants to go see Aunt Mary. However, she is still super happy to see me when I go pick her up. No matter how much time she has spent with other people helping me take care of her, when all is said and done she'd rather be with me than anyone else.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am very fortunate to have a dog loving retired gentleman 2 houses over. He lets my dogs out/plays with them every day. He won't let me pay him, so in return I cook for him and his wife. She is disabled, so can't cook much. A few times a month I make a big batch of something that they can portion and freeze. This weekend it was lasagna.

Perhaps you can find someone to 'trade out' with. They let Luigi out and you do something in kind for them. Hey, if you lived closer to Olivette, Luigi could hang out here with Daisy and Maggie!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Dont worry about Luigis love going to someone else. He knows his home and it is great when a dog has several people prepared to look after him. So if you can organise a pet carer then please do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts