Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had gotten a pic of this. We took the girls to visit my parents on Mother's Day. They live in NW Indiana on a small farm. My mom raises a certain type of chicken... so while we were there John decided to try Katie off lead. She was great, listening well. Until she saw a hen outside of the yard... and the chase was on. She did actually catch the hen, really pinning her down, but it she was like "what the heck and I suppose to do now?" Molly ( the chicken) got away and Katie was put back on lead. No chickens were hurt during this little excitement.

However I wish I could have gotten a pic of her face... it was full of confusion. after all this is the same dog that when chasing bunnies in the yard will go to a tree look up and bark....

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I was around a lot of chickens when i was a kid but only a select few got names. I'm sure Molly was less than amused. Glad noone got hurt!

·
Registered
439 Posts
scooby, my departed lab loved all things. a criket once got in the dinning room. i left it be just to watch what scooby would do. it wasnt moments before ole scoob was on it. it was funny. that cricket would jump, so would scoob. then he would lay on his belly real still. jump goes the cricket. jump goes scoob. i watched him for about 2 hours. he was having a blast. then scoob accidently stepped on the cricket and killed it. you should have seen the look on his face.
"dad, i think i broke it". he laid there with that dead cricket for about an hour until i tossed it out. funny how intuned dogs can really be. funny how some people are really unaware of this.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Haha! Poor Katie didn't know what to do after she caught the chicken. I'm glad Molly was fine. I bet that was a funny face Katie made!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Dont tell Molly, but we are having chicken tomorrow! Our two chase birds but have never met live chickens. In the UK there were thousands of wild bunnies, it was all we could do to hold the dogs back.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Maggie couldn't resist the urge either. Oh my I'm glad the chicken is okay.....

BTW, my brother lives on our family farm in Newton County in NW Indiana. My parents recently moved back there after living in Florida for 20 years.....are our families neighbors?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts