Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted off and on for a number of years, so I just wanted to let folks know that we let Katie go a week ago last Saturday after 15 wonderful years together. It's been a very difficult week as she was such an integral part of our life. We miss our dear friend deeply.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
AW! I am so sorry. You gave Katie a wonderful life. It sounds like she did better than anyone expected. Sending really big hugs!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks everyone. Your kind thoughts mean so much.
That's why we are all families here. Just be strong okay it take time to heal but I hope you will be okay soon and when the time is come you will get a new baby for your life that's always make you smile and happy again. You are on my prayers.

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
Thank you Sparky. How is it possible for a little hound to leave such a gigantic hole in our lives? :)
I have so many holes in my heart from the loss of one beagle and two greyhounds in a short period of time. Of course those holes open up room in my heart for the 3 hounds I have now.:love:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Buddy and I are sorry for your loss. Beagle are amazing little creatures and they can have such an impact on our lives.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thank you Sparky. How is it possible for a little hound to leave such a gigantic hole in our lives? :)
Because god know that we need a dog in our life unlike other people! People can change their mind when it comes to love but dog can stay forever until they die they love us with all their heart. They know if you have a problem and if you need them, they are always there for us, they can help us when we have a problem they can relieve our stress, they make us happy. I found some story that there was a girl who raped and traumatized but with the help of the dog from the shelter that her parents adopt, she become okay again and forget about the worst incident that happen to her life. That's why i'm angry with the other people that they killed their dog and eat them tsk tsk they don't know how important is dog to our live. I witness in person those kind of people and it breaks my heart why they do that poor dog:(

·
Registered
117 Posts
The anniversary of Katie's passing is in about two weeks. It's been a difficult year without her and even now, I get choked up. She was a tremendously special little hound. Everyone was so kind and I want to thank everyone for your comments. They helped tremendously.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
You never forget them. They always take a piece of our hearts with them.

HUGS!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I am never one to push someone to get another dog. Only you know, when you are ready. I understand that one dog can never replace another. I do think, as Cheryl said, they fill that space in our hearts and make us whole again. I think our previous dogs would like to know that we gave another dog a chance to have a loving home.

Don't know where you are located. I adopted one of my dogs from the Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society, in Bowling Green, KY. I have worked with them in the past. They do a great job evaluating their dogs. They adopt to other states and have paid transport to the Northeast. They pretty much always have hound dogs.

They currently have 4 or 5 beagles. (Says beagle mixes, but I see beagles.) Not much information on them yet, but looks like they all came in on the same day.

Here is a link to available pets. If it works, you will probably have to scroll through the cats first. Looks like a couple of the poor beags. have mange.

Available Animals for Rescue - Bowling Green Warren County Humane Society

·
Registered
75 Posts
so sorry for your loss like Natty Boh said when you're ready take a look at the shelter if you're looking for a puppy dont rely on the website they dont usually post puppys because they get adopted fast

1 - 20 of 21 Posts