Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another piece of info that was told to me by one of the clerks... she said when the previous owner came in, he set a box on the bench and came to the desk. He said that my kid's pet had be bitten by an animal. She looks at him and says What kind? Dog? Cat? Snake? Elephant? What? he walks over to the box and dumps poor Kali on the floor from 3 feet up. Every heart in the place stopped. After that, he was out the door in 5 minutes. He wanted nothing to do with her. Cold hearted PoS!

Well, Summer and Kali met last night. When you see them side by side, you will understand how small Kali is. After some quick sniffs and a scream by Kali (she was scared), all was well. For the most part Kali just wanted to walk around. Since Summer didn't do anything aggressive and tolerated her approaches very well. She comes home tonight.

Health wise, she has infected ears and an intestinal parasite on top of everything else. But her stitches and belly look very good. The stitches come out next week. The splint will be on for 8-12 weeks, being changed out every two weeks. Her vet wants to have her paw x-rays looked at by a surgeon, just to be safe. She had to be moved to the back of the hospital, it seems she found her voice (which is astonishing loud for such a little girl) and let them know she wanted out of her crate.

Tonight everything changes... again!

P.S. Tomorrow she goes shopping for a new collar, leash, bowls, and other puppy accoutrements.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is so great, Joe. Kali sounds like a special little girl

Another thing, as most of you know Chloe is very petite.... but you would never know it by the decibels of her voice

·
Registered
400 Posts
Fantastic, Joe!

Here's hoping Kali and Summer become the best of friends. Seems like both could benefit from each others' companionship.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So glad to hear that the meet and greet went relatively smoothly! From what you've told us about her previous owner, I expect that the first stage of her life was not a particularly pleasant one. Just wait until she realizes she has moved on to the best of the best!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Man that is fanatastic news for her and for you. And Summer has a new buddy to train.

Kali dosen't realize it yet but she just hit the lottery jackpot.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I agree with the other Joe--Kali has landed in the laps of the best beagle parents!! I know Murphy is wagging his tail in approval at the Bridge! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 2 girls together--I know Summer will be a good big sis.
I somehow missed Kali's introductory story, so had to do a little research. Your vacation pictures are absolutely beautiful, Kali is a real cutie, and reading about your new handle gave me fresh tears to wipe away!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
So glad to hear the first meeting went pretty well - and looking forward to pictures of the new sisters! We are often amazed at the sounds that come from sweet little Popcorn too - we call her the creature from the black lagoon sometimes when she lets loose!

PS: Like Genie and others, reading about your new handle made me cry (in a good way) too...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm very happy to hear that Kali and Summer's first meeting went well. Poor Kali, it breaks my heart to think of what that poor girl must have gone through. She's so lucky to have you and Frani.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
(writing thru tears of happiness).....I LOVE rescue stories, and especially this one because Kali is blessed to the max!! I look forward to hearing more Kali stories, and I agree with the others.....Murphy must be grinning ear to ear!!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
So very happy to hear that you found a new baby to take care of and love. Summer will love her new little friend. Kali will have the best home possible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.