Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All - i joined the beagle world, to see if i could find more people who might have the wonderful but rare Kerry Beagle - they are a native breed to Ireland, however have been brought into the US and apparently played a role in the development of the Coonhound type dogs
They are more like a hound than a beagle and so have longer legs and are fast runners.
My pup is now 9 months old, able to run up to 8k with me on/off the lead but keep her to soft ground when i can.
Would love to hear if there are other Kerry Beagles out there and your experience?
oh and we are Irish!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Your pup is gorgeous! Xerxes loves to run with us too. But he's just a regular beagle (well, he came from the US originally, and we think he's more American-type, as he's got a thin muzzle and is quite svelte).

Welcome from Canada :)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Not familiar with the Kerry beagle. Glad you joined and love to hear more abour your dog. Cassie is a purebred beagle born in the U.S.
She says Hi
U

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dia duit a chara Éireannach!
We met our first Kerry on Christmas Day there! She came running up to meet our Patrick and they were instant best friends, they basically scrapped for 45mins until we had to drag them apart! 😅 I’d never saw the breed before, but they are stunning dogs, taller, as you say, than beagles but gorgeous eyes and same mannerisms, we and her parents traded some puppy war stories!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dia duit a chara Éireannach!
We met our first Kerry on Christmas Day there! She came running up to meet our Patrick and they were instant best friends, they basically scrapped for 45mins until we had to drag them apart! 😅 I’d never saw the breed before, but they are stunning dogs, taller, as you say, than beagles but gorgeous eyes and same mannerisms, we and her parents traded some puppy war stories!!
ha ha brilliant :) they are a great breed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts