Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Kali is home. She is small compared to Summer. She has a health appetite. And she is a wus! She has also become a daddy'd girl (much to Frani's dimay). Her wounds are healing nicely. I am concerned that she is having nightmares very often. While sleeping, she will be running and wimpering, then suddenly snap awake and go directly for her belly. This has happened about a dozen times so far. I am hoping they will pass in time. Though when she does sleep, its usually in my arms or against me.

One thing... We KNOW Murphy sent her. I was concerned because she wouldn't play. No toy got her attention, until Frani was putting away some other new toys for later and she dropped one. It was a ball. Kali took off and pounced on it. Kicking it all over the floor. We were overjoyed. Then we started playing keep away from her by passing the ball between us. She loved it. It was Murphy's favorite game before he got hurt.

Here are the pics:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Kali</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Summer</span>

·
Registered
276 Posts
awesome pictures...glad she has found a fun game for everyone to play together

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Beautiful girls, Joe. I choked up when you mentioned how you know that Murphy sent her. Unbelievable!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kali is just beautiful!
I bet that, when she gets her cast off, she will be much more interested in games. Hopefully, the nightmares will diminish as she becomes more comfortable with her surroundings.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Kali and Summer are both so beautiful. And that is so sweet how Murphy sent her. He's still looking out for you
Congrats on the happy family!

·
Premium Member
2,104 Posts
Oh, Joe, Kali is beautiful. That full face shot is fabulous! It's a nice feeling knowing Murphy is still 'with' you.

How much longer does she have to wear the cast? You might try 'Press n Seal' instead of the zip lock.

She's going to get over those bad dreams soon. Just give her time.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kali is a beautiful girl. It breaks my heart to think of what that poor girl has been through. She's got it made in the shade now though. I hope she realizes that quickly and her nightmares end soon. I love the third picture down, of her looking right at the camera. For some reason, the look in her eyes there reminds me of Jersey. I don't know what it is, maybe the soft and gentle expression? I'm glad that Kali's physical wounds are healing well and hope that her emotional ones fast just as fast.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thanks for the update and pictures - she is so sweet looking... I don't understand how anyone could just want to get rid of her.

And how is Summer dealing with the new arrival?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kali Update:

Well, she and Summer are getting along fine.

Note the size difference.

No tussles as of yet. Kali is already coming out of her shell, even though she still cowers when a voice is raised.

Let see, she dumped her food bowl twice. Why? She wanted what Summer has. She stole Summer's food and Summer didn't retaliate. She already understands come and sit commands. When left in the pen (and you are home) she cries loud and long. Oh yeah, and she can scale a three foot pen with a cast and oversized cone on. That leads me to the problem. She had stitches on the outside of her leg from her injury, they were partially torn open when we got her. The vet said it was fine. Well, after last night, they are all gone. So into the vet I go this morning. Her vet will not be happy.

Otherwise, things are going great. Except for me being out of vacation days and its only early September.

--------------------------------------

What camera do I use? The first set of pics are from my Nikon D2HS with either my AF-D 35-105 f3.5-5.6, or AF-D 80-200 f/2.8 (do you speak photogeek?)
. The one above is from my cell phone.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a feeling that Kali is about Chloe's size. That's a very familiar picture of Summer and Kali, I can picture Chloe and Abby (her Beagle pal) - exactly the same size difference

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Love the pic of Kali & Summer -- it sounds like Kali is feeling much more comfortable in your home and testing her/your boundaries! Hope the vet visit wasn't too bad for Kali and your wallet ...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts