Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All North American have now heard of the Amber Alert dedicated to finding our children when they dissapear. Well, a similar scheme has now been established for lost dogs, be it from escape, theft from backyard, dog shows, caretaker....

All the person has to do is put all related information on the website. Photos can be posted as well, and the information will circulate quickly and throughout the States.
It is now limited to the States but the idea is good so there is no reason why it could not be implemented in other countries as well. Remember, just as it is in the case of children, the faster the information is passed on, the easiest it is to recover the dog.

Here is the link:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9AmberAlert/

Do not hesitate to cross post. The more people know about it the more effective it will be.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Thank goodness for this website, I am going to post my Chopper on there right now! He has been missing 2 days and I am still searching! posting posters around town.
Judi and the gang

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That is a great idea. I've heard of a similar site, but right now can't remember the name of it to save my life.

Judy, Chopper is missing!? How terrible! I'd be worried sick. I hope he finds his way back to you soon! Sending good thoughts your way.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleBabe:
In addition, if you haven't already, consider getting your dogs microchipped.
Both of mine are chipped, and it DOES give me a sense of security in case they get lost; Also, I live in tornado alley, so in case of a disaster, I hope it would help us be reunited.

I love the idea of the websites! Another tool to help owners find their beloved pets...thanks for posting all this info you guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts