Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....i've been lurking for quite some time and i figured it was about time to register myself and post on here. We have one beagle, a year and a half year old boy named Scooter. He's the love of our lives and he's too silly for words. We're going to be spending the next year getting our house and yard ready for another beagle next spring....we decided Scooter needs a "girlfriend", however platonic their relationship may end up. This getting ready includes building a bigger bed, because right now two adults and a beagle in a double bed is too squooshy....and adding another spoiled bed hog beagle will be too much. I love reading the posts in the forums and i'm looking forward to finally being able to post back to some of them! Hopefully i'll be able to get some pictures of scooter on here soon!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome, I'm glad you have decided to post and will look forward to your pictures. I would like another beagle also but with three cats and Maggie, I am at the limit for my city. Someday the time will be right.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to BW from Henry and I!

I saw Scooter's pic on your profile...how adorable and beagly he looks. I'll bet he really is spoiled.

Fellow bed-hog and spoiled beetle, Henry, is having anal gland issues today. He's staying still while I put a warm,wet towel on his "affected area" and I'm trying to express them but not having much luck. It must be giving him some relief because he stayed very still during all of this.
(sorry...too much information /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif )

Glad you're here, though! :wave:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome! Sorry to hear about Henry's anal gland issues, Boy i sure hope i dont have to deal with that! That actually is an old picture of scooter....last april when he was about 6 months old....i dont have a digital camera and my mom said she would take more pics in april (so it would be a year between the pictures)...so hopefully soon i'll have some grown up pics of him to post. i have lots of pictures, unfortunately all on undeveloped rolls of film hanging around the house, LOL.....i'm not good at developing. Scooters antics are rediculous...last night he was chewing on the bottom end of a plastic peanutbutter jar. The open end was facing out of his mouth and he was making it "talk" when he chewed...and then it shot out of his mouth, across the room and under the couch....he stood looking under the couch making indignant "huffing" noises and looking at me like i should have already rescued it for him. What a silly boy he is!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Scooter and the peanut butter jar! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Never a dull moment with a beetle!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut!! I'm glad you decided to join us. Scooter is a doll!! Thanks for sharing his picture.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW! Looking forward to photos and hearing about his antics.

·
Registered
702 Posts
A big HELLO and welcome to our group :wave:

Scooter is beautiful!! You must be a true Beagle lover planning to get another even knowing how develish these guys can be :evilgrin:

Arrooos to you and Scooter from my Daisy and me!!

The peanut butter caper is awfully familiar to me -- Daisy broke the lit off a big jar of Jiff and licked it all around as far as she could reach in. Thank goodness it was an almost empty jar. Her Dad introduced her to the joys of peanut butter and crackers. :rolleyes:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome to you and Scooter! I can't wait to see pictures of him all grown up. I'm sure he will enjoy having a little sister/girlfriend next spring. The peanut butter story is funny - and why is that WE are always supposed to retrieve stuff that they let go under the bed/couch/etc.? Our guys could easily squish under and get whatever it is, but seem to think it is the humans' job to pick up after them!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, scooter can squeeze under our futon too...but its beginning to be a tight squeeze. He has to marine crawl once he's under there and then squeeze out the other side, it's really funny to watch if you're facing the futon to watch him slink along under there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts