Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used the treament for fleas/ticks sold by Banfield at Petsmart? I am really having a hard time deciding what to use. I had a coupon for a free tube of K9 Advantix which I have used before with no problems. However they could not sell me another tube of that but did sell me a tube of their own product - First Shield Trio. You hear so much of what is bad out there and it is really confusing me. I have used both K9 Advantix and Frontline with no problems so I am thinking I should just stay with one of those.

Would appreciate more input.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
We use Frontline on ours. It seems to work but we can only buy it at the vets.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We always used Frontline Plus with Summer and Murphy, until we found that Murphy would have a seizure within 24 hours of application. Summer never had a reaction. It did work very well.

I am NOT saying, don't use it, I AM saying, do keep an eye on your pups for reactions to all medications.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
i also say, try the new product, if it works well then stick to that. just because its a popular brand (frontline advantix) doesn't mean it is the only one that works. give it a go. and see how it goes. you can also compare ingrediants, on all of them if their the same dont worry.

in my chem class we tested a generic brand antacid and a name brande one, and it turned out the generic worked better, more efficiently, etc. then the name brand. a real eye opener for alot of people in that class. so it all comes down to ingredients and your experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.