Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, there are just some things I don't understand. And one of those is when people let their dogs poop in the road. It's bad enough when they don't pick up after their dogs but to let them poop in the road and leave it there?!!
There is a couple that live kind of across from us that have two miniature pinschers and they walk about the same path I walk Sadie and their poop is ALWAYS in the road! I have to step around it all the time. Rrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Terri,

That is quite gross and annoying. I guess that you don't feel comfortable enough telling these people to pick up after their dogs.

If it were me, I would have to take the it could be worse approach and be thankful that at least they love the dogs enough to walk them and the dogs are not allowed to run around stray and hungry.

Hang in there. And vent away.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I know what you mean Terri! It's people like that who give all dog owners a bad name. And why dogs are unwelcome in some parks or walking trails, etc. The other day when I was walking Shiloh, I came across three piles on the sidewalk beside this one house!! All big poop, too! I thought, How obnoxious do you have to be to leave all that where people are walking!! Grrr.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It amazes me that people won't pick up their dogs' droppings. We walk around our University's ag fields. There's a sidewalk area in some spots and a dirt track in others and I see droppings there on occasion. Luckily most are good about it since there are a ton of people that walk their dogs through the fields. You just have to wonder about those that let it go. It's way too easy to carry bags, we have a dispenser that clips on the leash. Some are lazy people that think it's ok for other people to clean up after them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: GingergooseHi Terri,

That is quite gross and annoying. I guess that you don't feel comfortable enough telling these people to pick up after their dogs.
I don't know if I could be bold enough to actually say something although I'm good at the glaring.

The thing is, I don't see them very often and when I do, I almost always have Sadie with me and her hackles go up as soon as she spots those dogs so I can't get to close.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I have an idea!!!

Is this an apartment complex? If you live in the same complex as them, maybe a politely worded note to the office/landlord to remind them to pick up after their dog. If you all live in separate complexes, you can still send the letter to their landlord/office.

I'm assuming that if pets are allowed, cleaning up after them is one of the rules in the rental agreement.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I remember a thread about this a while back. I think one of our members in Korea had a problem with that. I'm not sure if it was her or someone else that drew up a sign next to the place where the poop was constantly not being picked up, targeted to that dog's owner. Another suggestion was to pick up that pile of poo and drop it with a nice note by the dog's owners door: I think this is yours - or something sarcastic like that.

It could get the message through.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts