Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random question: do your beagles constantly wag their tail during a walk? I just noticed that other dogs don’t always wag their tail while out on a walk, while my beagle’s tail is wagging most of the time during a walk. It got me wondering whether she was doing this because she is just that happy to be out, or whether it has more of a mechanical reason behind it, like it helps her balance or something. Just curious. Anyhow, here is a bad quality picture of her in her winter gear.
Dog Snow Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Oh yeah...Xerxes is wagging his tail while he snorfles (our word from that intense tracking that he kinda snorts/inhales during).

He's the best!

Reactions: orange beagle

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ally's tail was always wagging except in her sleep (and then sometimes it wagged when she had "puppy dreams"). She always was a happy dog, by the look of her eyes too. Even on a scent trail, wag wag wag. The only time it didn't wag is when she was pulling to get out of the vet's office after an exam of if fireworks were going off.

A while back I came on this article and saved the link, I can't attest to it's accuracy but it's a fun read.
Beagle Body Language

·
Registered
Reagle Alan Beagle, 3, Stubborn Beagle
4 Posts
Random question: do your beagles constantly wag their tail during a walk? I just noticed that other dogs don’t always wag their tail while out on a walk, while my beagle’s tail is wagging most of the time during a walk. It got me wondering whether she was doing this because she is just that happy to be out, or whether it has more of a mechanical reason behind it, like it helps her balance or something. Just curious. Anyhow, here is a bad quality picture of her in her winter gear. View attachment 42545
Reagle's tail is constantly wagging whether he's on a walk or in the car with his head out the window he seems to not have a care in the world... My question for you is what are the shoes on your beagle and do they always come off...?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reagle's tail is constantly wagging whether he's on a walk or in the car with his head out the window he seems to not have a care in the world... My question for you is what are the shoes on your beagle and do they always come off...?
Sorry for the very late reply, in fact probably too late since Spring is starting. But to answer your question, the boots are Protex Pawz rubber dog boots. I’ve seen them sold at most pet stores. I get them in size small. They usually don’t come off, but it is quite a process to get them on. It’s easier with two people. By myself, I have to put my beagle on her back on my lap, then I put the end of the boot over this knapkin holder that I have. Then I slip her foot into the knapkin holder, unslip the boot from the holder, then take the holder to another paw and repeat. All the while my beagle is resisting and wriggling. When I’m done, I immediately put her outside and try to begin the walk right away. I’m usually dressed and ready before I put her boots on, because otherwise she starts digging in the yard and will have the boots off before I can get my coat and shoes on. So, like I said, it’s quite the process, but worth it if your dog won’t walk in the snow like mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts