Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for that perfect toy for Casie. He has chewed the edges of his crate until his gums have bled...not good. He has destroyed every toy that says indestructable Two KONG toys are in shreds. The vets have recommended shin bones, but I am afraid those will splinter, nyla bones have been shattered or splintered off. A breeder suggested knuckle bones or hooves? But my question is why are most toys plastic? And the stuffed ones are filled with pillow fiber that gets stuck in the dogs stomach (can't believe it doesn't do the same to cats)....I'm ready to pull my little hair out over giving him something to play with that doesn't hurt him.

Cathy,
Casie and Cobi's mom

·
Registered
295 Posts
No rawhide, especially with a dog that can destroy a Kong! Rawhides can cause blockages, which can kill a dog. I would try the hooves, but still supervise. Once it is even possibly small enough to swallow, take it away. The shin bone is also not a bad idea, as long as it is a fresh and raw bone. Supervision is still needed until you see that there will not be a problem.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The kongs were the red kind...the one that you put food in the middle --- should have bought two, as pups can't share anything that has food related to it. The other thing, was a kong type ball, with heavy duty tails of material on it.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Sow ears. They are bigger than a regular cow ear. They are kind of fluffy and air filled. Jersey can only get a small piece off at a time, like the size of a grain of rice. They are a bit costly but I think worth it. Here is a link to the Merrick website. They are almost $4 a peice on their site but about half that at my local pet shop.

Merrick Sow Ears

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Originally Posted By: cobismomThe kongs were the red kind...the one that you put food in the middle --- should have bought two, as pups can't share anything that has food related to it. The other thing, was a kong type ball, with heavy duty tails of material on it.
I know , but kong has most of their toys in the extreme rubber which comes in black. Those same toys just get the black ones, those are REALLY hard rubber.
http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...a=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

·
Registered
114 Posts
There's a toy called a bouncy bone. It has a hard rubber ball in the middle, you attach two doggie biscuits and then screw in the ends. My JoJo can chew through anything. you name it she can get through it. This however has stumped her. She's had it for 3 months now and it looks slightly chewed but is no way near destroyed. Best $18 australian i ever spent!

http://www.amazon.com/Premier-Busy-Buddy-Bouncy-Medium/dp/B000KVF49Q

1 - 9 of 9 Posts