Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a birthday party on Saturday for Jersey and her littermate, Gidget. She turns three this month. Her actual birthday isn't until next weekend, but that is Father's Day weekend and everyone else had plans. We went to Ft. De Soto Park down in St. Petersburg. It was gorgeous, but soooooooo hot and very crowded. We spent most of our time in the shade of some trees at the dog park. The dogs hardly even played. They all just wanted to dig holes and lay in the dirt in the shade. We had a nice day and it beat being at work. I got a pretty good (or bad, rather!) sunburn and then stood in an ant hill as we were packing up the car. Ant bites on the tops of your sunburned feet are not fun. Ouch!

I did realize that I have a very good dog. After spending an afternoon with four other dogs who barked, growled, jumped and got cranky when they got tired, I realized just how good my girl was. Jersey never got cranky and only barked once (under the bad influence of her sister). She was a very good Beagle! She's very agreeable and happy and I must say that I am proud to be her mommy.

Here are some pictures of our day. They aren't too great but I was too hot to even care.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Looks like Jersey had a good time even though it was hot out there. You can tell they are littermates. They look a lot alike, to me anyway.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great pictures Jen. The ocean looks so peaceful...

Now Jersey, Chloe wants to wish you a happy birthday, but she says she'll wait 'till the 15th to do that. She also wants to know where your mommy got those cakes, and if they deliver...

You and Gidget do look a lot alike.... 2 pretty girls

·
Registered
865 Posts
Jen, the pics are wonderful! It looks like Jersey had a wonderful b-day!! Have to admit, I teared up when I saw the Skyway. I miss FL soooooo much!

Happy B-day Jersey!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Awesome pictures! I love going over that bridge that you posted.

Those mini cakes look good! I bet she loved them!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I wish we could have been there! Happy Early Birthday Jersey!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to Jersey and her sis

It looks sooo nice there, although we've been having 90's the last 3 days!! I keep telling Mother Nature to remember that we live in the TEMPERATE ZONE!! Not the tropics

Glad you had a lovely celebration!

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
667 Posts
Happy BDAY!!! Jersey is a beautiful beagle!!! Even though it was so hot, it must have been nice to get outside!!!

manda

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can tell by the dogs' tongues that it was hot. It's hot here, too, and Li'l Girl is staying in the A/C comfort of the house. Happy early Birthday, Jersey, you're a gorgeous girl!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Happy Birthday Jersey, from Daisy and Maggie ~ Please send us some CAKE!!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A happy early birthday, Jersey! I think both you and your Mom did amazingly well to be outside in yesterday's heat. Great to see you and your sister together -- definite family resemblance!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Happy belated Birthday Jersey. Miles and I would have loved to have been there because the cookies looked sooooooooooo good. Oh, and also because it would have been nice to see you again.

I don't the water very much though. I act like a scared chicken at the beach. Miles likes it, but he is weird. What do you expect from a non Beagle like us.

Vinny

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like fun was had by all. Will wait till next Saturday to wish Jersey and Gidget a happy B_Day but who is Moondoogie? Is she Gidget's special friend or what?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bob, Moondoggie also belongs to the family who owns Gidget. I guess you could say he's her brother from another mother.
Their mommy is a big fan of the old Gidget show and couldn't wait to have two dogs so she could name them Gidget and Moondoggie. I think they have the cutest names!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts