Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike has been on a comic book kick for the last month or so(Between Iron Man, Hulk and Batman movies coming out!). He found this Iron Man t-shirt that he loved the other day. He threw it in his laundry basket in the bedroom. Well, tonight he went to show it to me and couldn't find it. We looked around and I finally checked under the bed...Jersey's favorite place to take things she shouldn't have. I found a trail of paper from the tag, and thought maybe she just chewed the paper. No such luck...she chewed a big hole in it, front and back. Bad Beagle!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Somehow they chew on our favorite things, don't they? Sadie chewed up a special beanie baby type toy that we got in Jamaica.

Poor Jersey, I hope she isn't in too much trouble.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Banjo has already done that twice! Once with my flip flops and another time with a pair of slacks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I still have a daily meditation book I can't find but I think he has a very clever hiding place that I just haven't found yet. Nothing in his poops.... I'm hoping that he read it first and that it brings him serenity....LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Jersey, Maggie would love to be friends with you. You sound like Maggie's kind of beagle. Only Maggie doesn't bother to hide with things she shouldn't have. She brings them right to the middle of the living room. Maggie enjoys the reaction she gets as much as she enjoys the chewing.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Uh-oh! Jersey, that wasn't very nice, but I'm sure you've been forgiven by now. Like I always tell Duke, you're lucky you're so dang cute!

Jassy, your Maggie does the same thing Duke does. His stash of ill-gotten booty goes right into the middle of the living room, too. Well, unless the back door is open, then he takes his stolen goods out into the middle of the backyard!

Hope Mike gets a new t-shirt out of this.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You just didn't want your folks to get too complacent -- you wanted to show them that you still have some of that wild side in you!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, her daddy forgave her. He was mad for a few minutes but was seen cuddling with her on the couch not long after. He's a big softy for his little girl. I laughed when I found the shirt, which Mike didn't appreciate. It's usually my stuff she's destroying so I couldn't help it when she finally got something of his.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Jersey! I guess she's showing Mike that the girls rule the roost!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If Mike wore it before throwing it in the laundry basket - Bagel and I would think most of the fault is Mikes. I'm sure Jersey like Mikes smell as much as the Bagel likes to nest on and with my worn clothing. I'm lucky Bagel is not a chewer and doing laundry handles the discarded fur the Bagel leaves behind. Bagel says to tell Jersey, sad friendly eyes and gentle approach works wonders whenever you find yourself <span style="font-style: italic">in the doghouse</span>, so to speak. Glad Mike forgave Jersey so quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Whenever such thing happens in our house, my husband would say it is not Charlie's fault, it is our fault, becaue we did not place it properly! Protect your properties. That proves another thing, he is in love with Charlie!
Everyday when he walks out the door, slippers on top of the washer and dryer, shoes up on the shoe rack.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Jersey was sending a message I will require all of your attention and affection please.

Her new name is now: IronBeagle.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieGood thing she's so cute!
When Shiloh was a puppy, I had a friend who was also raising a baby beag, and going through the stuff we all go through with our babies. She said, It's a good thing beagle puppies are so cute, or nobody would have beagles at all! I repeated that to my daughter (who had lost several items to Shiloh's puppy teeth) and she stared at me with this horrified look and said, You mean after they're puppies they aren't even cute anymore?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts