Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow Jake will be going in for an overnight vet visit for his final heartworm treatment. The tech that administers the treatment told me not to worry, that this round of shots is much easier on him than the first. This will be an experience for <span style="font-weight: bold">me</span> because none of my pack has ever spent a night away from home..:(. I'm already looking forward to picking him up Friday afternoon! Keeping him calm will be a challenge.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Oh happy day! You will both be glad that all the treatments are coming to end. We would love to see pictures of how much he has improved. I bet with heartworm treatments at an end and his coat coming back, he is on happy and handsome dude. lol

·
Registered
889 Posts
I can totally relate! Rocky had heartworms when we first got him and trying to keep him calm after treatment was definitely a challenge. But he's doing great now and I'm sure Jake will do great, too

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're going to try finding him a forever home. The rescue's owners are thorough and I trust they will find him a home with lots of love and patience. I hate to see him go, however keeping him would mean that another beagle would not have a chance of being fostered and adopted.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked Jake up yesterday evening and he was zonked out. He probably hadn't slept since I dropped him off Thursday. I'm surprised that he isn't bouncing off the walls today, but I am keeping him in the crate most of the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts