Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The hair on the back of his neck down to just below his shoulders fell out again. A vet visit this morning confirmed my suspicions that the Demodex had come back. The vet-tech told me that his heartworm treatment most likely caused it to come back due to stress. 4 more weeks of Ivermectin, then hopefully we won't have to deal with it again!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Sigh! Poor Jake. I could say he isn't catching any breaks, but that is not true. He has you now, everything else does not matter. A soft, belly rub and a special treat just for him.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree with Kathleen, he has you and everything else can be taken care of, I hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
So sorry to hear this. He was doing so well and looking so much better. It's another hurdle, but I am sure he will make a good recovery soon.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Poor sweetie. It's unfortunate that getting rid of one ailment causes another one to come back
But better on the mend than the alternative. Sweet Jakey!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Matthew: I feel so bad for you and Jake. I know from personal experience how persistent demodectic mange is. You are fortunate that the ivermectin agrees with Jake. My Maggie was not able tolerate even a teeny dose, either orally or applied to her skin. Are you also using special shampoos/conditioners? After trying about a dozen different ones on Mags, I finally found two products from EntirelyPets.com that worked: Cortisoothe Shampoo and ResiCORT Leave-On Conditioner. They will not get stop the infestation but offer relief from the irritation and itching. My vet sold both products but his prices were almost twice what they were from EntirelyPets. I gave Maggie weekly baths and sometimes twice a week. In spite of her weakened immune system, I was able to get those nasty mites under control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts