Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jake has a vet appointment Saturday for a skin scrape to make sure his mange was taken care of. If we get the all-clear he will go in for his first appointment for heartworm treatment in another week. If everything goes well there, we go back for final treatment in another two weeks and he'll have to stay overnight. After that happens, he'll be good to go after another three weeks. I took him to adoption day Saturday to see his foster aunt and uncle (the owners of the rescue), and they were amazed at how well his hair has grown back. He got a lot of exposure to children, other dogs, and a few cats. I wish I could have gotten a picture of Jake licking one of the rescue cat's face!! Overall he's doing pretty well learning to be a sociable little boy.

·
Registered
702 Posts
So glad to know Jake is doing so well! There's nothing like good news to lift our spirits.

Monica and Daisy:)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Wonderful news! It is so nice to hear happy stories about rescues. He is one lucky pup!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NO MORE MANGE!!!! All his skin scrapes today came back negative!!! Jake's off all his skin meds and is now only on Prednisone for his heartworms. We go back in two more weeks for the final heartworm shot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.