Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jake had his first official vet visit Tuesday and he was a good boy! The vet found that he has some Demodectic mange (not contagious) and wants to hold off a few weeks on heartworm treatment. Jake will be continuing his Doxycyline antibiotic, and is now on progressively increasing doses of Ivermectin. From what I've been told, vets are trying to prepare dogs for heartworm treatment slowly instead of giving them one big blast of meds. Apparently it poses less of a danger to the dog. I'm not vet but it sounds logical to me... His skin and hair are slowly getting better!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Glad to hear that Jake is improving and that he was a good boy at the vet. He must feel much happier already.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thanks for the update, Jake is a lucky boy to be in your home.Good luck with the treatment.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's an update without pictures!! What you can't see is that the hair along his back is about 60% regrown! Slow but steady progress!!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.