Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run an all-breed rescue in PA and currently have 9 rescued dogs of varying breeds. I've fostered 3 beagles in the past year and absolutely fell in love. Well, my hubby made me very happy for my anniversary. Please meet Samson.I pick him up on Friday.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Samson doesn't know how lucky he is. As you probably know beagles love all dogs so Samson will adore helping you with your fosters. Sounds like the start of a long and great friendship.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Sampson is adorable. Welcome and thanks for the work you do with rescues. We need more people like you in this world.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally Posted By: momtothreebeaglesOkay, now I see what all the fuss is about! Samson is adorable, where'd you get him from?
Well Samson is the only dog in my home that was not a rescue. Hubby put a deposit down with a local breeder and he and my son went to pick him out. Mom & Dad are registered with the AKC (not that that matters to me in the least, quite honestly) and are hunting dogs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally Posted By: Samson's Mommy
Originally Posted By: momtothreebeaglesOkay, now I see what all the fuss is about! Samson is adorable, where'd you get him from?
Well Samson is the only dog in my home that was not a rescue. Hubby put a deposit down with a local breeder and he and my son went to pick him out. Mom & Dad are registered with the AKC (not that that matters to me in the least, quite honestly) and are hunting dogs.
My first beagle was a pup from a breeder. Not a responsible breeder as I found out later, but we asked all the right questions initially. If you want a PB beagle pup, they are few and far between in the shelters and pounds. So consider Samson a rescue from the life of a hunting beagle, which nine times out of ten is not positive (IMHO from what I've seen).
Was the breeder peddling the pups as potential hunters and nothing else? If so, that's sad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally Posted By: momtothreebeagles
My first beagle was a pup from a breeder. Not a responsible breeder as I found out later, but we asked all the right questions initially. If you want a PB beagle pup, they are few and far between in the shelters and pounds. So consider Samson a rescue from the life of a hunting beagle, which nine times out of ten is not positive (IMHO from what I've seen).
Was the breeder peddling the pups as potential hunters and nothing else? If so, that's sad.
He just described them as great hunters. Mom & Dad appeared to be very well taken care of, though, I must say. I actually feel kind of guilty since I have my own rescue and see the animals that die every single day. But I love him already and he is home to stay.

·
Registered
91 Posts

He just described them as great hunters. Mom & Dad appeared to be very well taken care of, though, I must say. I actually feel kind of guilty since I have my own rescue and see the animals that die every single day. But I love him already and he is home to stay.
Well, maybe that's what's selling in his area ... hunters. Who knows. Not your problem. You've been on both sides of the fence so you know the drill. Samson is lucky to be in such a wonderful home where he will be loved and thrive. No guilt! Just enjoy him and keep doing what you do, you cannot even begin to imagine the difference you've made in these precious lives. Kudos to you and hugs to little Samson!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: I've Fostered Beagles and Now I Have One of My

Awww!! Congrats
and Happy Anniversary!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts