Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well spring has sprung and the bunnies are back under my shed... and Summer knows it. Last night I opened the back door and out she went. Next thing I know, Summer is in hot pursuit. The rabbit bounced off the fence, U-turned, swung it wide and headed back under the shed.

Sad to say, its only a matter of time...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Aw, poor bunnies. At least the beags are getting to 'hunt' right? Henry gets to track deer out in the woods behind our house; the bunnies have long since fled.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor bunnies indeed! Though, after a few years of "living" under a beagle house, they should have learned their lesson!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love bunnies, and I love beagles, so am always conflicted about a beagle doing what it's bred to do. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif As a rule, bunnies don't come in the fenced area around the house, so don't have to worry about the dogs catching them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/photo.gif

·
Registered
983 Posts
That is so funny. Hunter has no interest in rabbits, or anything else for that matter, but Casey spotted one out the window on Sun and went crazy. She ran around the house going to each door as if to say let me out I gotta go get the rabbit. My husband showed it to Hunter and she looked at him like Yeah so what. I said it before I named the wrong one Hunter.LOL

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Wonder Twins have not allowed any bunnies in our yard HOWEVER they are counting the days until the birds start having babies. Right now they are doing a great job of keeping the robins out of the yard but I know they are remembering last year and the 16 babies they killed in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Remind me to scratch rabbits off my list of things to come back as. However, I think Vinny would and could run a bunny down and then lick it to death. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Summer is just doing what comes naturely, protecting you and your family from the big bad bunnies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/biggrin.gif
Count yourself lucky it's rabbit season Joe, here it's sunk season..already have seen a couple and I hope that it's not just a matter of time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
My hounds are rabbit dawgs and as such rabbits only come next to the fence. They have caught rabbits before, which is quite impressive if it is an adult rabbit. We had neighbor who thought it would be funny to see the dogs chase her pet bunny. She figured they were slower than her precious friend Mr. Bunny. She actually got mad at me when the dogs caught and dispatched her pet. I was outside an told her not to do it but didn't explain fully they would catch it but she did it anyway.

·
Registered
794 Posts
What do you do about the rabbits?! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/walk.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif

they are in our fenced in yard ALL the time. Polly wants to get up multiple times in the middle of the night to chase them. She just stands at the patio door and looks out..and now there's a full moon coming, and it's so bright out--those bunnies show up like crazy against the snow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/walk.gif
The last rabbit she caught was huge--about 7 pounds, and it was missing its head. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yes it is Rabbit season. Last week I let everyone out at around 5 in the morning. Its very dark at that time. Well in a flash Jasmine, with Maggie in tow were chasing something around the back yard. I couldn't see anything, but I could hear the bunny go by and then Jasmine and Maggie run by. Luckily the bunny made its way out of the fence. Well I've seen them chase him since then... One day the bunnies will learn... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts