Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Teddy's a lover not a fighter or guardog lol.

So the other day me and my friends ordered pizza through dominos online and when you order online you can leave a small message to the delivery boy. Well teddy had spent the afternoon outside and it was the first semi warm day we've had so i didn't want to bring him inside. I left the message to the saying call upon arrival,dog outside 30ish minutes later during a heavy game on the wii i get the call, i'm surprised i dont hear any barking outside but i pick up and the pizza boy says Hi, its dominos, i'm outside petting your dog i laughed sooooo hard, i coudln't believe it. So i run to the front of the house and go outside and find teddy hopping on two hind feet trying to get closer to the pizza guy and i mutter some guard dog you are, i of course am laughing and go up to pay him and he goes 'what kinda dog is this, he's really friendly lol so of course i go on a small schpiel on the beagle breed and finally he says he's pretty awesome i was laughing the whole time. Silly dog, he'd totally go with any stranger that gave him a belly rub, i swear.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
LOL, I know that normally beagles are friendly dogs but when there's food involved they are extra friendly

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: CocoLocoLOL, I know that normally beagles are friendly dogs but when there's food involved they are extra friendly
the funniest part is it wasn't about the food, he handed the pizzas and wings over to me i paid him and walked back to the door and teddy didn't follow me he stayed with the pizza guy, completely content to be petted. you shoulda heard him baying and howling when he finally left. you'd think someone stole his favorite toy. what a drama queen my pup is.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
That's how my Taters is also. Give him a belly rub and he forgets about food believe it or not.

·
Registered
421 Posts
it's funny in that it seems to be typical. a belly rub, and my dogs would help the burgaler to carry stuff out.

·
Registered
959 Posts
My postal worker carries cookies in his pockets for my boys, and they love him. Normally they'd be barking like crazy, but you say mailman and they are ready for cookies. He has two retrievers and the man knows how to sweet talk the boys. Just wish the meter reader would take lessons.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The closest my Willie has ever been to a guard dog was when I had moved back closer to home and was kinda new to my mom, but they were becoming great friends. One night I was sick, laying on the couch, he was laying with me. The tv was on but the lights out. She walked in the door, both of us sleeping, and starts walking closer. We both wake up, I dont say anything and neither does my mom. He starts growling but my mom thought Willie was playing with her. My mom, thinking this, takes a quick I am gonna get you step. Well, since he was still on the couch with me, he looks at me quickly and thinks I am still sleeping. At that point he realizes I am not protecting him, so he has to protect ME. With that, he growls again, jumps off the couch, and with hair and tail raised, runs toward her. My Mom says, No, Willie its me. I think as soon as he heard that, he was still in mid sprint towards her and somehow managed to turn the aggressive run and growl into a half somersault and perfect belly rub postion.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow Willie, if he could go from fur up to a belly rub position - tyhat was quick thinking! The Bagel hs only issued acted that way a couple times but I know there is a bravehearted warrior underneath the natural sweetness! Way to go Willie!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts