Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy to be able to tell you that Jewelie is officially a member of our pack now. Her former owner let me know yesterday - apparently his son has taken it pretty well. I think it's my co-worker who misses her the most! I can see why, she's such a darling.

Hubby and I are soooo happy. Where Buckley is my puppy and fellow snuggler, she is most definitely hubby's. She follows him, plays with him, crawls under the covers with him and snuggles with him on the couch. I can't believe this is the same guy who really didn't want a second beagle!

It has been a seamless transition, no problems at all, and I can't believe how much happier Buckley seems. He is so much more active and that tail is just wagging all the time. The only downer for him is that he is no longer allowed to sleep in the bed with us...Jewelie is crate trained and it didn't seem fair, so Buckley now sleeps in his own bed. Grudgingly. I'm still waking up at 5am with a beagle "tip-toeing" over me to try and wangle himself under the blankets!!

Thanks for everyone's support and encouragement. We're going to buy Jewelie a new purple collar this weekend to celebrate - pictures to follow!! Oh, and I get to change my avatar!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
What wonderful news Katie !! :bounce: :bounce2:

I love your avatar as it looks like they have been together forever !!!

Welcome home Jewelie, Welcome home !!!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I happy for you, DH, and Buckley BUT I am really really happy for Jewelie. Such a darling should have a loving stable forever home! :bounce2: :bounce2:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations on the new member of your family. Such a darling.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Yeah! :thumbup: After all that wondering and getting upset it's the best possible outcome for everyone...especially Jewelie :happyhappy:

Congratulations :woohoo:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Congratulations on the now-permanent addition to your family. I definitely agree that there is something wonderful about what happens when a single dog becomes part of a pack... their tail is carried just a bit higher and they just seem - happier. Or at least that has (luckily) been our experience with the additions to our family.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BookerMoose, I think you are right. My co-worker was saying that Jewelie was unusual for her breed, because she always carried her tail straight down. Well, not that I've noticed! She has this adorable, stubby little tail - she was the runt of her litter - and at our house that tail is up and/or wagging most of the time! I think she is thriving on the extra attention we give her and I think it attests to how happy she is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm so glad that everything has worked out for both you, and Jewelie. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif It sounds like she's happy to have a "brother". She sure knew how to win over your hubby, didn't she! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
That's grand news! It's almost as though she was destined to be with you. Loved reading about that flag going up and wagging all the time now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Woo hoo!! I'm so glad that you get to keep Jewelie. From the pictures it looks like she's fitting in perfectly. I hope that when the time comes to get Jersey a house mate it goes as smooth! Congrats to you all!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Congrats on your new adddition!! Can't wait to see the pictures, with that waggley, stubby tail!! :animal18:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts