Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to believe that today is already SIX years from the day we set out from Seattle early on Saturday morning for the loooongg drive through the Snoqualmie Pass (in a snowstorm) to Washtuckna, Washington and back to pick up our Moosterpiece.

Even the evening before, when we drove down to Seattle from Vancouver, the rescue was preparing us for the reality that we might not be able to bring him back, because his former owner had started an action to get his "Joey" back (after "Joey" had had to chew through the too-tight electrical cord that had worn off all the fur around his neck and break free...). Then in the morning we found out that the former owner had been happy to take money instead of his dog - so Moosie was ours and the rest is history!

The first thing Moosie did when we got back to the Alexis Hotel in Seattle was cock his leg on the corner of the bed. What an entrance into our lives! And thankfully that was the only bed he has ever cocked his leg on since... I am convinced to this day that another dog had made the first move there before and Moosie was just returning the hello!

Thanks Moosie for six wonderful years - and looking forward to many, many more with you! You may be a bit grayer and a little slower, but you are still our Moocifer when you want to be - and we love you for it!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yay! Happy Moose Day! Whooo Hoooooo!
:bounce2: :happyhappy:
:woohoo:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I hope you have a great Moose Day !!!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moosie thanks you for all the good wishes and wants to report that he had a great Moose Day... he even got to take one of his Hide-a-Squirrels with him to Starbucks (he was so proud)!

He is a bit put out that he didn't get more treats during the course of Moose Day, however - some stupid thing called a diet...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happy belated Moose Day to Moosie. The Bagel sends a big old arrroooo to Moose as well. I've got to dig through my records, I lnow Bagel's adoption day is coming up next month. Moose, tell em that diet isn't a word to use on Moose Day!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts