Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-weight: bold">...when this face is looking back at you!

Maggie has been little miss potty pants today. She's peed on the carpet twice, and once on my son's bed. She KNOWS it's wrong, you can tell by the look on her face (after a scolding) in the first picture.</span>

·
Registered
10 Posts
lol, so cute. What method of scolding do you use? My 8 week old pup has been doing good about going outside, but pees every once in awhile when he cant make it or she gets excited.

So far we put her nose in the area and tell her no.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's basically what I've been doing also. I show it to her, tell her no, and put her outside and tell her to go potty outside. The problem is, Maggie is soon to be 8 months old, and she continues to potty inside more than she does outside.

I've also tried the positive approach, which is to just calmly pick her up and put her outside, with any reprimand, but that didn't work either...she just got worse. Sooooo...I'm trying to be patient with her, and I'm just HOPING that she dials it in SOON! LOL

·
Registered
400 Posts
agreed...Maggie has such a cute expression. I'd continue to be very persistent and patient with her. Java is only just starting to get it and he's almost 11 months old. I find that being on a relatively strict schedule will help them anticipate potty times. I'm at the point where Java will start staring at me and whine if he needs to go out. He's even been known to paw at the door. But believe me, a few months ago, I thought I would need to invent a crazy doggy diaper to handle his accidents.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Maggie is so gorgeous! Look at those eyes!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know that look all to well. She's adorable. Not only does Fin get me with the look, he gets me with the bay too. If I give him a stern NO, first he barks. Then I say NO, BAD BOY, then he bays. I cant help but laugh at that point and my whole tough guy approach is shot.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So cute, she has the I'm sorry Mommy look down pat!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts