Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's been a long time since we've logged into here. We've had lots going on lately and I've taken up a new past time!

Sally and Leia are going well. They are still cheeky little munchkins who we love lots! We've had a bit of bad news about Sally this year with her being diagnosed with Hip Dysplasia earlier in the year and now put on stilbesterol tablets for incontinence. All this for a bitch under three
It was all very upsetting at first, but we've got her on suppliments and hoping the tablets help with her incontinence.

Other than that, they are still enjoying their off lead beach rumbles with their beagle friends.

My new past time is going to dog shows every weekend. It's fabulous seeing the beagles running around the ring and doing something they love. I've been to the beagle specialty in Sydney, NSW, Australia in April and I have booked plane tickets to attend the Beagle National in Adelaide in September this year.

A friend of mine has a litter on the ground at the moment, they are two weeks old on Sunday. I saw the whole litter being born, it was amazing!!

I hope everyone is well and all the beagles are still running around.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
So good to hear from you. Sorry about Sally's hip dysplasia--poor baby. I hope the medication and supplements help.
Bet you're enjoying the dog shows. And it must have been so exciting seeing the litter being born. I remember when our poodle Misty had her puppies. I'd never before seen puppies being born, and it was fascinating. Please give both your girls a hug for me.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Erin & AndrewA friend of mine has a litter on the ground at the moment, they are two weeks old on Sunday. I saw the whole litter being born, it was amazing!!
... and is there a chance of beagle #3 in your future?
It is good to read your update though sorry to read about Sally's issues. Hopefully, the supplements for the hip dysplasia and the incontinence will keep her going strong. My Maggie was on prescription medication for incontinence for years (PPA -- not sure if stilbesterol is your equivalent) and then I switched her to Leaks No More (non-prescription) and it worked so much better for her.
Do post some pics of your pups soon -- I love seeing them!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally Posted By: judymaggie
Originally Posted By: Erin & AndrewA friend of mine has a litter on the ground at the moment, they are two weeks old on Sunday. I saw the whole litter being born, it was amazing!!
... and is there a chance of beagle #3 in your future?
Hehehe, Erin is confident she can't be persuaded into a puppy - but beagle puppies are just so darn irresistible, I don't know how anyone can say no to one :p

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Its good to hear from you. I am sorry Sally is having problems so young but she is lucky to have a good family that will get her whatever help she needs.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's nice to see a few of the old faces around!

I'm not sure there's going to be another puppy. Andrew is adamant that he doesn't want another beagle, and just the pure cost of having another. Applying to our local council for a 3 dog permit and council registration costs. Not to mention food and general up keep.

I love the bond my two have and that goes out the window even when we have a foster dog.

Plus doing everything from puppy again? Ergh, what a nightmare!!

Some recent photos of the girls:

... can't I image tag photos?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It looks like I can't link to photos anymore

What a shame.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just tried and one photo is too big so I gave up.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It's really good to hear from you, and we'd love to see pictures. Your pictures are always so wonderful.
If you have editing software for your camera, resizing's really very easy.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome back. Sorry to hear about Sally, but hope you can keep things under control.
Hope you get the hang of posting pictures on here. I resize before calling them up on File manager. Took me some time to figure it out, but its easy then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts