Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this problem? My Oscar rubs his face on the carpeting and his nose around his nostrils has become quite red. It could be because he goes to town on a Kong every day and presses that area, causing irritation. Or could it be food allergy? Or could it be grass allergy? What should I do? I'm starting to worry.

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
I'd talk to a vet first. It does like something is definatly irritating him, it doesn't sound like a food allergy if its just his nose, maybe some cleaning produce you use? aeresol or powder that bugs him? try switching that up and see how that works. I dont think the kong is the reason but you never know...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
My thought is either toxin or allergy. Has Oscar always had the redness around his face? I second Sephly's suggestion of taking him to the vet. What kind of food and treats does Oscar eat?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That sounds a lot like Popcorn last year - it turned out to be a food allergy but before we investigated it she was scratching at her snout area so much that she was making her gums bleed and losing the fur around one eye. Definitely talk to a vet - and hopefully it can be sorted out relatively easily.

·
Registered
350 Posts
not sure where you live, but here the mesquitos are out just recently and quite ferocious, i killed at least 5 on the dogs tonight.
could be bug bites.
C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oscar has developed this somewhat recently, I want to say since the grass came up so it may be a grass allegery. He LOVES to rub his face in the grass. It's only around his nostrils, nowhere else on his face.

The food is Science Diet active mature or something like that. The vet recommended it for our other dog and said it was ok for Oscar too.

Yes, I need to get him to the vet -- hopefully Saturday....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts